PLease help. Has anyone used Dr. Ponce De Leon

Mommyinneed
on 3/26/12 2:16 am - jacksonville, FL

I was orginally going to go with Dr. Joya but the flight and cost was just out of my price range. So ive run arcoss Trish with WLS-4betterlife and she works with Dr. Ponce De Leon who has 1*9 yrs experience. I dont see much about him. Someome please let me know good or bad your experience with this dr. Im nervous so nervous.
rainyone
on 3/26/12 7:16 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I haven't had mine yet -but I am going next week! I am a nurse and feel pretty confident about his credentials.
Madelaine2000
on 3/31/12 12:39 am
I would like to hear what others say as well..Im interested in the cost and what is included in the cost. Im not looking for the cheapest but just trying to weigh all my options.
waiting_patiently
on 4/2/12 2:45 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
VSG on 07/24/12
Dr. Ponce De Leon did surgery on a woman named Lillian Coakley, she was featured on a show called 16x9 on Global TV here in Canada.   You can view Lillian's story at Global TV, I will post the link here for you.  Weight Times 16x9 

I am one of the unfortunate people who lives in Nova Scotia and is on this ten year waiting list.  

*Note* I do not work for Dr. Ponce De Leon, nor do I work for Weight No More.  This story was recommended to me and I thought I would share it with you.

I truly hope this helps with your decision. 

Debbie

sleevechick
on 4/11/12 1:29 pm - Canada
 I own weight no more consulting and I along with my team of doctors helped Lillian on her journey.  I am a Canadian company and had gastric sleeve surgery myself and decided I wanted to help others become as healthy and happy as me and that is how Weight No More came to be because I care and help people on their journey.  I am fortunate to have found such a great medical team to work with.  Contact me any time if I can help you on your journey.

rainyone
on 4/3/12 6:43 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Just had my surgery with him around 6 hours ago. It;s been fabulous. I was really worried about nausea and he reassured me the they would keep on top of it and if the meds don't work , he has other meds. I've had one episode of dry heaving when i first got up and been great since. He is very comforting and the other dr's and randy the or nurse have all been great. The nurses awesome and Trish has been amazing throughout this. I feel well taken care of. I'm up doing my laps- the first time up was hard and I just wanted to stay in bed but once I was up , peed and had my dry heaves, and walk I felt MILES better. My new sleeve and the gas in my abdomen has been gurgling away, and I'm burping away ( no farting though yet lol)

I've had pain meds and antibiotics by my iv and they gave me a subcutaneous injection - I was still groggy and didn't remember the name of the med lol- some nurse I am eh?

Would highly reccommend him.
Madelaine2000
on 4/4/12 1:17 am
Hey Rainyone..so nice to see you posting..and so soon! Unbelievable..Im so relieved you have had a comforting, reassuring experience. When you are home, I would love to hear of the aftercare you received, where the surgery took place and where you recooperated (and the cost too if you dont mind sharing). Take care, walk and sip as they say, and I hope you have an uneventful trip home.
bucky12921
on 5/4/12 1:38 am
I have had the sleeve since april 8, 2010 and my 2 daughters had theres done done on 3/8/2012 they are down 40 and 50 pounds Dr ponce  is wonderful as well as the hospital and staff we loved the whole exsperience
BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/17/12 1:26 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Did you have yoru surgery with Dr. Ponce?  I had mine last week and could not be happier!  I feel great, and am not hungry at all!!!  If you still have questions or concerns please feel free to message me I would be glad to give you the inside scoop!
thin_soon
on 7/10/12 8:50 pm
I don't know if you have had your surgery or not but I am going to Dr. Ponce on July 23.  I live in San Diego and have been to TJ to meet him and his staff and Trish.  She is so helpful.  I also went to the INT hospital where I am having my surgery..  It isn't huge but it is very clean. I also went  by the Lucerna hotel. I spoke with several patients and the nurses on duty.  I feel confident about my surgery.  The price is 5500. includes everything except your flight there. You may need to get prescriptions filled which you would buy and tips. But all the hotel and hospital fees, anesthesiologist and nurses, lab fees leak tests are covered.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views