Im scheduling with Dr. JOYA soooo excited and nervous!!!!

Mommyinneed
on 3/23/12 2:24 am - jacksonville, FL

I am scheduling my surgery with Dr. Joya today after I deposit my funds. Im so excited and nervous at the same time. Im worried about the preop and postop diet. if anyone has recipes they would like to share plese email me. Also, if anyone can let me know some important things to take with me such as a sippy cup, gas x, comfortable clothes etc.......please let me know. 

Ive  read some not so good things about the Krystal in Peurto Vallarta but seen if I get a room in the newest part of the hotel I will be fine. Anyone had good or bad experiences with this hotel>?
Katie S.
on 3/23/12 11:52 am
VSG on 02/23/11 with
Hi there. Congrats on getting a date! I stayed at the Krystal and thought it was pretty nice. I must have had a renovated room, because it was very modern and the bathroom was updated.  There is even a mini-bar that you can use as a little fridge in the room.  The hotel has a gift shop where you can buy water,  juice and popsicles after surgery.  If you go to the bar by the ocean, they have really good plain chicken broth that is great for something savory and un-sweet to eat. The only negative thing I can think of is that it got a little loud with people having drunken fun on the weekend nights, but that's to be expected in a resort area. 

You didn't say what surgery you're having, but here is a link of FAQ's if you're getting the sleeve. I didn't do a pre-op diet, but I did clear fluids the day before.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  Good luck! 

http://vsgfaq.wordpress.com/

HW: 230  SW: 212  CW: 145  LW: 138

Bonnie M
on 4/9/12 3:13 am, edited 4/9/12 3:14 am - Sioux Falls, SD
The staff at the Krystal is great.  I could have been released after 2 nights to go to the Krystal, but a room in the newer part wasn't available.  I had a choice to stay a 3rd night at the hospital or go to the Krystal and have them move me to the newer part the next day.  I went alone, so chose to stay at the hospital.  I must say, I sure got the feeling that the hospital staff was anxious to get me out of there the next day.  They didn't show me the way out and I got lost and took the elevator from floor to floor.  I finally found someone to help me get out of the hospital. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views