Has anyone had a procedure done since Dr. Kelly and Trish parted ways?

LWillowwood
on 2/22/12 11:09 am - Pikeville, TN
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's alwys great to hear another good outcome! Best of luck in the coming days!!
cissiesue
on 2/25/12 12:05 pm - NV
Here is Dr Ramos Kelly's cell phone number. I got it from Alyse from you tube, been subscribed for a month following her journey...239-777-9757
Debly
on 3/4/12 12:53 am
I have been emailing Anaid and spoke with Dr. Kelly on the phone last week, both have been sooo helpful.  I am still trying to decide if I want to do this or not, but so far I am planning to go with them if I do.  I am very glad to read other people's experiences!  
Lori P.
on 3/7/12 11:43 am - Kenosha, WI
My daughter had surgery in early January and found the coordinator totally useless. 

The hotel they placed us in presurgery was a dump.  We complained to Dr Kelly and we were plced at the Lucern which was awesome.

The hospital was little more than a clinic.....not sure the folks staffing the floor from 5pm on were really nurses.  There was only one staff member on the night shft and on the first night, she slept from about midnight until 5am...she could not even hear the call lights becuse she closed the door and turned on some loud music.  It was Mi Doctor hospital.  I understand that Dr Kelly practices at other hospitals.... hopefully they are better staffed.  The staff that actually performd the surgery and did the immediate postop care in recovery was very professional as well as the staff present on the floor during the day shift.

Dr Kelly was wonderful.

We are both nures so it was interesting to see this!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

LWillowwood
on 3/29/12 10:25 pm - Pikeville, TN
Hi Debly...Just wanted to touch base back with you...I am 3+ weeks post op with Dr. Kelly and very glad I went ahead and did this. I have lost 25+ lbs in that 3 weeks. The Mexican experience was very easy. I had my surgery at the Florence (Oasis) Hospital. It was the least favorite part - it is not a shiny new hospital like many here in the states but it was clean and adequate and alot like the hospital we have here in our small Tennessee backwoods town. The nursing staff were wonderful and VERY responsive. As soon as I rang my buzzer, they were right there - unlike the US hospitals where they call you in the intercom and then you wait 30 minutes or more for someone to show up while your IV alarm is going off the whole time :-) Some of the nurses didn't speak great English but then, I was in THEIR country and my Spanish is awful so I couldn't say much. They will run and get someone who speaks better English if you ask them to or if they feel there is a communications problem. If you take someone with you though, be warned, the bed for them is very firm aka hard!

I would recommend taking someone with you if you can. I think it would have been a lonely experience if my hubby wasn't with me. Dr. Kelly, his wife and assistant are all very nice and see you every day, usually more than once a day. His assistant is not the one that he used to use and I get the feeling that she is just learning but she will do everything she can to help you out. They are great at picking you up and taking you where you need to be. I actually LIKED the fact that this is a family run organization now - it is very personal.

The hotel is lovely. You can feel very safe walking around that area of Tijuana, and the room service folks are great as well as the restaurant staff.

So - I am glad I went. I hope this helps you by giving you more info. Take care and good luck...Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views