Mexico travel advisory

DRMOMRN
on 2/12/12 10:03 am - OH
Just a heads up, the US has now expanded their advisory regarding travel in Mexico. It is my
understanding that there are no areas along the Texas/Mexico boarder that are considered
safe for US travel! I'm not sure which surgeons are where, but it is something to think about.
cissiesue
on 2/12/12 10:53 pm - NV
Oh really?.thank you! I'm looking at Tijuana, anything on that?
Robbin
on 2/13/12 1:54 am - OK
I went to Tijuana without a hitch.  Awesome trip, of course my surgery was 5 years ago.  Dr. Ortiz had his driver pick me up at the airport in San Diego and drove us across.  Been serveral times for fills and checks.  Never a problem.  I would go again in a heart beat.
DRMOMRN
on 2/13/12 4:49 am - OH
Here is the link where I found the updated advisory.
http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_5665.html
cissiesue
on 2/13/12 2:43 am - NV
thank you! Did you have RNY? There is an advisory right now for Tijuana, that sites concern me a bit.
DRMOMRN
on 2/13/12 11:12 am - OH
I am having VSG with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta on March 14th. When I saw the article
in my local paper about the travel advisory, I looked more into it. It seems that it's more the
rural roads that you have to worry about.
cissiesue
on 2/13/12 11:33 am - NV
I would go to Dr joya in a minute, but with him being in PV, and not very close for me to access if I have complications. For that reason only, I am going to Tijuana. You are in great hands with him, and I will be thinking of you
DRMOMRN
on 2/14/12 5:32 am - OH
Thanks, Good luck to you too. I am sure that if there were concerns, the doctor, or the hospital would be in touch with you!
Marissa A.
on 2/13/12 12:52 pm - CA
 I am in Tijuana also and can tell you that this warnings are nonsense. It's been peaceful for more than a year, and the zone where the doctors are located is safe.
ND2BTHN
on 2/19/12 12:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Mexicali is still safe. You cross on the California side, and the hospital is literally 5 min across the border. It is far enough away from the Texas borders I believe, and crossing was easy and uneventful.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views