Had Surgery 1 week ago (Jan 5th) and feel pretty darn good (except the fatigue part)

Angieham81
on 1/12/12 5:34 pm, edited 1/12/12 5:35 pm - Silver lake, WI
So I went to Tijuana and had surgery with Dr. Kelly on Jan 5th... day 1-3 I felt FABULOUS!, days 4-5 I had terrible nausea and was convinced I was going to die and the last 3 days I have been feeling great once again except I can't seem to kick the fatigue. I do 2 protein shakes a day which gives me over 60 grams, snack on a couple little things (pudding, yogurt, jello, soup, popsicle) and I drink about 2 liters of water... today I gave in and started taking caffine pills because I am now back at work and need to be awake all night.

How long does this tired thing last?? I havent started vitamins yet but willl start those next week.
Emily F.
on 1/13/12 1:28 am
What surgery did you have?

I had a rough go at it at 3 weeks and then started feeling better after that. Mine was open so don't know if that is better or worse. lol.

Sounds like you are doing great though! Good for you.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Angieham81
on 1/13/12 9:39 am - Silver lake, WI
Thanks!!!

I had a lap gastric sleeve done.

I am sure it would make a difference of open vs. lap as far as soreness goes. With the other open procedures I have had (c-sections, hysterectomy) , it was probalby sore for about a 1-1/2 weeks ... that can really take a lot of of you!!! 

You look great!!!
Jackie00
on 1/15/12 9:57 am
Careful of the caffeine pills, I think they can dehydrate you. I was tired until about 3.5 months out but I had fatigue before my surgery for many years. I am not bouncing with energy, but better at four months out. I have a full time job and come home to children so I have to stick to a regular schedule or I do get tired. I do sometimes still take naps when my toddler does on my days off. We are just entering the minus twenties, I am freezing all the time and so much for my walks outside, so try and do exercise programs that I have on disc a couple of times a week but can't wait to get out and walk again.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

MARIA F.
on 1/16/12 1:42 pm - Athens, GA

Those caffine pills are NOT a good idea at this point! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Angieham81
on 1/16/12 5:24 pm - Silver lake, WI
 I only take them about 1-2 times per week, only when I have to work and don't get enough sleep prior to my shift. I figured it's no worse than the other pills I take (vitamin, and few Rx pills) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views