Anyone been to Dr. Aceves?

Mommyinneed
on 12/7/11 12:58 am - jacksonville, FL

Im having a hard time locating Dr. Aceves actual website. There were several for him. From what I read he practices out of a border town. What was everyones experience? Hotel stay a couple days pre op and post op? I feel he is a great doctor but his location is what I question! HELP!
Kelly L.
on 12/8/11 1:40 am
There are a lot of Dr Aceves patients on this forum as well as other forums, but they may not come to the Mexico board, I know a lot of them hang out on the VSG board. You may want to ask your question there too if you haven't already. I think he is in Mexicali? I don't know his actual website because I didn't go to Dr Aceves, but I think his coordinator is Nina. Dr Aceves has a really good reputation and low complication rate. Good luck on your research and your weight loss journey.
cathygo
on 12/8/11 2:27 am
I am pre sugery with Dr. Aceves, I am having surgery in January.  I am going to go to Mexicala for surgery.  Everyone speaks highly of him.   I have found a lot of his patients on the sleeve board and found one in the DS board today. I am having DS. I came here to see if there are any DS Dr. Aceves patients here. I wanted to  get some info on this surgery and thier experiene.  I have mainly found sleeve patients all over OH.

Cath

PS If you click on the ad on the right it should take you to his site, I would think.

Dudette
on 12/13/11 1:59 pm - Edina, MN
A Dr. Aceves DS patient? That wouldn't be me, would it? 

Yeah, Dr. Aceves in Mexicali did my DS back in late September (assisted by Dr. Ungson on the vetted DS surgeon list). Love, love, LOVE! Dr. Aceves.

For the original poster... Mexicali is right across the border from Calexico / El Centro in Southern California. You can fly to San Diego, CA or Yuma, AZ to get there. Dr. Aceves's practice provides free shuttle service from the San Diego airport which is about 90 miles west of Mexicali.

Any other questions, just ask.

Sweet_56
on 12/8/11 6:13 pm - Saskatchewan, Canada
I had surgery with Dr. Aceves on Sept. 17, 2011.
He is located in the border town of Mexicali. I had an amazing experience and everything was great from the Hotel to the Hospital to the Staff. Check out my profile for a brief day by day of my experience while I was in Mexicali.
Please feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
I used this website to contact them when I booked my Surgery.
http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/

All the best on your journey!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

sam30204
on 12/14/11 7:23 pm
He and Alvarez are the BEST! I used Aceves and have not had one single regret about it. I hit goal at 6 mos. and I am now 47lbs below my original goal. TRUST me on this, you want to pay the little extra to have it done by a dr that you know did it correctly!!!! I am 5'8" and my weight is 113. I have piece of mind every day knowing my surgery was done right

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

lavendargirl1
on 12/27/11 12:48 pm
Dr Aceves is wonderful, I would highly recommend him. I don't regret using him at all
caspiancat
on 1/11/12 8:44 am
 I had surgery with Dr. Aceves on Dec, 27, 2011. I had a wonderful experience. The hospital is exceptionally clean and the surgeons are fluent in English, kind, and easy to talk with. The care was much better than anything I received in the US. I would go back there in a second. I had never had surgery before so I was pretty scared. I also went by myself so it was quite a trip. I felt safe, well-cared for, and had no pain other than soreness! In fact I was worried they didn't actually do it until I saw my small incisions! I also was found to have a hiatal hernia and that was repaired for free. Feel free to PM me if you would like anymore details. I used these boards to decide on my surgeon and Dr. Aceves really does live up to his reputation.
karit222
on 1/24/12 8:29 am - St. Charles, IL
I am nearing the 1 year anniversary of my surgery with Dr. Aceves and I couldn't be happier!! I chose to have gastric bypass and am currently down 138 lbs! The staff is amazing and very attentive. The hospital is super clean and if I ever had to do it again - I would absolutely choose him again. My words here echo those of all the posters before me because it's TRUE! Dr. Aceves and his staff are wonderful. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I, too, went alone and was scared but they take such good care of you and the time just flies by.

http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/

Alberto Aceves, MD
Madero 1119-2, Colonia Nueva
Mexicali, BC 2110,
Phone (U.S.): 619-962-8142
U.S. TOLL FREE: 1-888-344-3916
Fax: 619-923-2600

ND2BTHN
on 1/27/12 12:32 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I just came back from Mexicali on the 19th, and I must admit, I felt pretty good after having major surgery. The only discomfort I had was from the gas, but no pain or nausea. If it wasn't for the gas and incisions, I'd think nothing even happened.

It is a border town. Practically can touch the border fence from his location it is that close to the border. Most of the travelling from the San Diego airport is on the California side. You only pass through the boarder on the last 10 minutes of your 2 hour drive. The border is safe, and you are never alone. There will be other people traveling with you and Ernesto. He makes this trip back and forth everyday, and could drive it in his sleep. The border people are very famliar with him. 

Dr Aceves is great. Dr. Campos who also had the sleeve, is his assistant surgeon. He is a cutie, and gives everyone a thorough discussion on how life will be after surgery. The hospital was super clean, the staff friendly, and all staff, except the night nurses are fluent in English. They totally lived up to their expectations, and reputation. I went alone, and never felt uncomfortable at any time. I did however walk with another patient as a buddy system, to visit the pharmacy across the street, from the hospital as a precaution, but it wasn't neccessary. 

I would definitly recommend him to anyone interested in going to Mexico for their surgery.

P.S. I am only 12 days out from surgery, and I feel fantastic. Good luck to you.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views