Dr Joya in Mexico

Mommyinneed
on 12/2/11 4:49 am - jacksonville, FL

Ive read a couple not so good things recently about Dr. Joya. Up until a month ago I was set on scheduling my sleeve with him. Im asking for those of you who have been to him to please tell me your experience with Dr. Joya good or bad. Im so nervous about who to choose that I have decided to not schedule until 2012. I really want and need this surgery and am terrified!

Help!!!!!!1
jstigall
on 12/2/11 5:21 am - Hilliard, OH
Hi my name is John I will try to answer any questions about Dr. Joya I can I had the R&Y done June 8th 2011. I had no complications and am getting ready to send my wife to have the same surgery with him in 2012. I can offer some suggestions on things that could make you more comfortable if your interested let me know.Only thing I will do differently is I will schedule it during the winter months as the heat and humidity was unbelievableJune. Let me know what questions you have and I will get back to you.

jstigall
on 12/2/11 5:22 am - Hilliard, OH
If you would prefer to call me and talk my number is (verizon) 614-257-8315 ask for john that is my cell so unless I have left it with the wife you will get me.

ND2BTHN
on 12/2/11 12:37 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Haven't heard too much about him. What I have heard has been positive. If you are unsure on him at all, Dr. Aceves has many happy people on here, and I've never found or heard anything negative about him or the hospital he works out of. It is a bit more expensive than Dr. Joya for the sleeve, but still a great price, at $8,750 excluding airfare. If you wish, you can check out my friend list to speak with other Dr. Aceves patients directly. Good luck in your search.
Mary C.
on 12/2/11 11:30 pm - Glovertown, Canada
Hi there - I didn't have Dr. Joya as a surgeon - but after seeing my success - my best friends daughter went down from Alberta in 2010 - has had great success and no problems. Due to word of mouth from her - I know of another young woman who went down from Alberta - no problems. And a gentleman who went down from my hometown - again - no problems. An on line friend of mine who I met from the OH site - went down from Winnipeg - no problems. All these people had RNY - except the fellow from my hometown who is the most recent - this past summer - he had the sleeve. Good luck!

baydoll
on 12/3/11 10:17 am - Ottawa, Canada
If you want to go to Puerto Vallarta I suggest you research Dr. Castaneda Cruz. Unlike some of the others, he doesn't advertise but he is absolutely wonderful. I think the cost is a little less as well, not that that really matters when you are dealing with your health.
shunt1960
on 12/7/11 1:57 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with
I went to Dr. Joya in April 2010 and had a wonderful experience. I highly recommend him and his staff. Everyone was terrific. I have worked in a hospital for the last 30+ years and received better treatment with Dr. Joya. I can't say enough. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
SW /CW/GW   307.6/202/180    Not a Sprint but what a Journey it is

LadyJennifer64
on 12/7/11 11:57 pm - Eagle River, WI
VSG on 01/06/09 with
Dr. Joya did my sleeve. I thought that my care was great for Mexico; however, I developed a leak upon returning home. Was it a complication that would have happened regardless of where I had the surgery? I will never know. I just know that I was sick for 10 months. In the hospital for 3 weeks during those months. TPN for 1 month and finally a surgery to fix it. No co-operation from Dr. Joya or his staff during that time.
LadyJennifer64
nicole M.
on 12/9/11 4:07 am - Trenton, MI
RNY on 11/03/10 with
I had my RNY with Dr. Joya in November of 2010.  I had absolutely no problems, and my experience down there was great.  I'm 22 lbs from goal at this time, my bloodwork is good and I feel great.  Until recently, I have not heard anything bad about him, and I scoured the internet for bad reviews before I went.

My WLS Blog: http://wls-nicoleta.livejournal.com/

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 10:13 am - Canada
Hi- I went to Dr joya October 4 of this year. I too was concerned because prior to going I couldn't find many people who had gone to him and I was second guessing. But all in all I had good experience. Of I had to do all over again I probably would have gone to dr Aceves in tuiawana cuz the trip from Vancouver BC to puerto Vallarta was long

If u want more lengthy info on experience please message me. Blessings

Lana
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views