getting information from Dr Alvarez's office on cost

E_Saenz
on 12/1/11 3:34 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
My friend Brenda has had surgery with Dr. Alvarez and she says he is the best surgon and that he is real nice.   She is now two years out and has lost a lot of weight. and she looks awesome and feels awesome and has been such a support for me.  I have been trying to get surgery for 4 years and I just have not been able to afford even the cheapes rate available in Mexico.  I aat one point paid some money to a cordnator for surgery in Tijuana but I ended up getting my money back because I just didn't have the money to keep socking away and I was very discouraged.  I am hoping to have the surgery this year.  God Willing.

Elia Maria Saenz

Emily F.
on 12/4/11 2:53 am
It took me three years to figure out a way to pay for it. Keep your faith, keep researching and you will find a way.
E_Saenz
on 12/4/11 9:34 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I appreciate the reply I thought I was just crazy to want something so bad but not be able to afford something that is lifesaving is just ridiculous.  I am thankful for people like you that have already been through the surgery.  It is very helpful I am still hopeful and I will never give up that hope.  I don't have a lot of support from my family they think I should try to do it naturally but I just can't.  I don't have a good support system where the surgery is concerned so I am so blessed to have my friends on OH.

I did try to communicate with Dr. Alverez but he is a little too expensive i really want to go with him but I just can't afford $8750.00 but I did hear from Dr Almanza and he has a special for $4599.00 but i am not sure I feel safe in Tijuana.  So I have to see what miricle God Brings me.

Thanks Again

Elia

Elia Maria Saenz

Emily F.
on 12/5/11 6:04 am
 Keep researching. Here is some info on Almanza. He is cheap but not worth your life. Also, I completely agree, I would not let any one I cared about go to TJ right now. 

Keep researching!!  You can check into vocational rehab in your state. Google 'vocational rehab' and the name of your state. If your weight is affecting your job, they may offer some help. But I will tell you they told me they would only do bypass and I was on the list for 3 years and my name never came up, but ypur state may be different.

sam30204
on 12/14/11 7:26 pm
On December 5, 2011 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, E_Saenz wrote:
I appreciate the reply I thought I was just crazy to want something so bad but not be able to afford something that is lifesaving is just ridiculous.  I am thankful for people like you that have already been through the surgery.  It is very helpful I am still hopeful and I will never give up that hope.  I don't have a lot of support from my family they think I should try to do it naturally but I just can't.  I don't have a good support system where the surgery is concerned so I am so blessed to have my friends on OH.

I did try to communicate with Dr. Alverez but he is a little too expensive i really want to go with him but I just can't afford $8750.00 but I did hear from Dr Almanza and he has a special for $4599.00 but i am not sure I feel safe in Tijuana.  So I have to see what miricle God Brings me.

Thanks Again

Elia
Keep searching and saving. There are a few others that are around 6K. Almanza does have success stories but he has the most complications and failed procedures and weight regain than any other surgeon. Look Joya up, I think he is reasonable. I used Aceves but he is around 9K

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

E_Saenz
on 12/14/11 9:53 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
Thanks I realize that I will have to either have money or Insurance to have the surgery. And right now I have neither but that is not the end of the world for me.  I am strong and can make it through.  I am fed up with being treated like a door mat and I know that if I was not over weight I wouldn't be I will never give up because this is what is going to change my life forever.

God Bless and thanks for the very nice reply.

Elia Maria Saenz

jdgaston1
on 12/30/11 6:28 am - Memphis, TN
 Sounds like we have a lot in common. I too don't really have support of family. I rushed into a marriage so that I could get insurance and hopefully have the insurance to pay for my surgery. Then I attend the WLS seminar for a local surgeon and they tell me my insurance covers it but to call the insurance company and make sure they will cover the consultations and stuff. I call them and find that the employer opted out to cover any thing bariatric. Needless to say, I was devastated. I had don'e all this just to be let down. So now I am trying to see if I could scrounge up the cash with income tax, 401k loan, and financing but I really don't think it will happen. All I do is think about what I can do to make this happen for me. I'm so miserable but anytime I speak to doctors or family about WLS they look at me like: " Umm, you can do it on your own as they roll their eyes". I don't know why. I guess I carry my weight better than some ppl bc when they look at my info on paper it seems to make more sense to them. I'm sure if we keep searching, we will figure it out. I hope you all the best. About Dr. Joya, I read a horrible review about him a few minutes ago and that scares me. Of course, there were about 3 good or ok reviews too but it only takes one and I wouldn't want to be that one person with a bad experience. I think I am going to shoot for Dr. Aceves if I can't have it here at home.
E_Saenz
on 12/30/11 6:56 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
Where there is a will there is a way .. What ever happens make sure you do your homework I have been investigating since 2008 and I have decided that the gastric sleeve is my surgery of choice I do not want to rerought my intestines and have malabsorbtion so that is what I decided for me.

I wish you the best of luck because I know how hard it is and I know how painful it is when you don't have anyone to talk to about your obesity everyone thinks it can be done without surgery but that is not true it is alomost impossible I know because I have tried and I lose and I gain and loose and gain. and that is real bad for you. 

So I don't even try to lose weight anymore becasue everytime I do I gain what I lost and then some.

Thanks for the reply

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views