Anyone Dr. Quiroz patient?

Frankysgirl
on 10/18/11 5:17 am - CA

Hello Everyone,
Im returning to OH and was wondering if anyone had plastics in TJ? I had a virtual consultation with Dr. Quiroz from CosMed in TJ, Baja California and I was wondering what your experience was like? He seemed very friendly and knowledgeable but I think his quote was a little high for Mexico, I'm not sure if the fees went up because of that nice building/hotel resort they are building for their practice. I am trying to get an Anchor TT (revision from a previous TT, not the anchor style), lipo with fat transfer to booty, anesthesia and surgery center fees.

Anchor TT: 4000
Lipo/Transfer: 1000
Anesthesia: 500
Surgery Center: 800

Grand Total: $6200

Des,
SW: 238.5 (2004)
CW: 152
GW: 138

Emily F.
on 10/21/11 11:58 pm
It is just my opinion but I would not go near Tijuana. I don't care what doctor is there.
Sarahlicious
on 10/22/11 5:33 am - Portsmouth, OH

Did you have your DS in Mexico?

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Emily F.
on 10/22/11 11:54 am
On October 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM Pacific Time, Sarahlicious wrote:

Did you have your DS in Mexico?

Yes.
Sarahlicious
on 10/22/11 12:00 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Ok just wanted to be sure I read that right, so your concern is specifically with the city, not traveling to MX for surgery.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Emily F.
on 10/22/11 12:02 pm
On October 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, Sarahlicious wrote:

Ok just wanted to be sure I read that right, so your concern is specifically with the city, not traveling to MX for surgery.

Exactly. You can google Tijauan and news, kidnappings and decapitated heads hanging from bridges. So no, I do not recommend anyone go there.
Sarahlicious
on 10/22/11 5:30 am - Portsmouth, OH
Michelle aka Eggface went there and liked her experience, check out her blog for more details.

azlabcop
on 11/6/11 10:05 am - AZ
He is outstanding!! I was there in 2009, had implants, lift and lipo.  He is recognized in the US, has verifiable certifications. One of the best in Mexico.
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 6:01 am - Bayonne, NJ
Negatives reviews have been removed from Dr. Quiroz' profile here, but there are a bunch of us who had less than stellar work done. He did a good job on my lower body lift & hernia repair, but a terrible job on my arms. They still hang and I have permanent stitches that poke out. He also did a meh job on my breast lift/augmentation.

Michelle (Eggface) did like her work, I've seen her in person, and she looks good. However, she had her work done well before I did, and I believe he began to cut corners once Cosmed took off as the rising star of the ps field in TJ.

Check out reviews on Plastic Surgery Journeys before you do anything.

There was one woman on here and on PS Journeys who was left completely disfigured, with a huge lump of skin between her breasts. She was Gracies on here, but hasn't been here in awhile, I think.

Others have complained about not being transferred to a hospital when complications arose. There are a lot of shill accounts that appear on here, praise him, then quickly disappear. We can always spot them because they don't have avatars, they don't list their original weight loss surgeons, they all talk about Cosmed as CosMed Clinic and they put down those of us who dare to complain.

If you're going to go to Mexico, check out Dr. Sauceda's forum. I haven't had any work by him but I've seen a lot of people who had great work, and the discussion on the forum all seems positive.
bbarnhart
on 1/7/12 8:09 am - Okeechobee, FL
I am a patient of Dr. Quiroz and personally I could not imagine going to anyone else.  And traveling to Tijuana was a pleasure, I had NO problems at all.  If you have any questions, please let me know.
I also answered a post in another location from your, sorry if it seems duplicated.
I Love, love, love my results.
bbarnhart
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views