Dr. Albert Aceves

lavendargirl1
on 10/4/11 11:17 am
Hi All,
  What have you heard or do you know about Dr. Albert Aceves? Anything good or bad would be appreciated.
Loni
Kelly L.
on 10/4/11 11:45 am
There are a lot of Aceves patients on this forum, but they most likely hang out on the VSG board. Maybe even the main board. You might wanna try to post this question there too.
Good luck!
Jackie00
on 10/4/11 11:53 am
I haven't had him as a surgeon but great reviews on him. Just up in the search here on this site enter his name and you will find lots of links on here about him I am sure.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

ND2BTHN
on 10/4/11 1:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Hi!! I am booked with Dr. Alberto Aceves for January. I did tons of research on several Mexican surgeons, and he stood out the most for me. I filled out their inquirey form and got an answer within hours.

Nina is the patient coordinator who works within the hospital, not off site. She is super nice, patient and answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly too. She was even supportive when I booked my flight to arrive a bit too late for their usual pick up time from the airport, and told me not to worry, they will work everything out. You never need to worry about different people, with different conflicting information either. So far, my personal experience has been very informative, reasurring, and easy. Another great thing, is no liquid pre-opt diet. At least not for me.

As for his experience you can read about it on his link. He is the President of Bariatrics in Mexico and has taught in some U.S. hospitals too, I believe. He offers the lap band, RNY and the VSG. He works out of a private hospital, which specializes in various surgeries, with its own emergency dept. You can look this info up on google, under medical tourism. They have state of the art medical equipment, are exceptionally clean, and everyone, with the exception of some night nurses are fluent in English. However no one has had any problems communicating their needs. They also provide you with a cheat sheet, of several words and phrases you may need or hear to communicate with the nurses if needed, which is very helpful.

You will never be alone or feel unsafe in their care. You will be picked up from the airport, and taken straight to the hospital for all your required testing, and spend at least an hour with the him and the nutritionist going over everything neccessary and answering any questions you have. Then brought to your hotel for one night. They will even give you medication for your nerves if you need it for sleeping.

The next morning, they will bring you to the hospital for your surgery the next day. This is the best part! You will be in a private room, which has a leather couch/pull out bed for your companion too. You will be there for 3 days, in hospital, not released into a hotel or recovery house afterwards. Many people say your every need is met before you even think about it, and the rooms are cleaned 3 times a day. They will have you up and walking the halls, within hours of your surgery and the doctor will visit you several times a day. (I'm lucky to see my doctor once in a week, in Canada, while in the hospital.)  They will do 2 leak tests and give pain meds for any discomfort. (some doctors don't give any pain meds) There is even a pharmacy directly across the hospital for additional meds for your trip back.

Many people on here, had their surgery with Dr. Aceves, and I have never heard one complaint about him, the surgery or the hospital. The only negative thing I heard was a silly one, because they were really trying to come up with something, and said that the recovery room was too noisy while they were trying to rest, from other patients who were laughing. At least they were up and happy I say! After the 4th day, they will bring you back to the airport. Ernesto is the driver, and he also had VSG surgery with Dr. Aceves, and likes to show his pictures to everyone. His assistant also had the VSG.

You can find many youtube video's that people have put up that shows the inside of the hospital and documents their experience from the beginning to end. It is very reassuring and helps to know fully what to expect and leaves you informed. His prices are a bit higher than some, but not by much. Still very low compared to the US or Canadian prices. Being in a real hospital (not a clinic) with so much experience, was worth the price to me.

Good luck. Hope I answered some of your questions about Dr. Aceves.

Hope to see you there!

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Tirzah2011
on 10/4/11 2:55 pm
I have to agree!  I'm booked with him for RNY on the 10!  It's coming up fast.  He has very good feed back from patients and his credentials and those of his assistant are great.  Nina has been an incredible help and was even able to book my husband to have lasik while we are there with another doctor in Mexicali. 
Blessings!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  Albert Einstein

Pre-band weight 330 lbs, May 2004
RNY revision 296, October 2011
Current weight 218

Kimmes
on 10/4/11 10:11 pm
I did not use him - but have only heard positive feedback from his patients. Maybe a veteran patient will chime in here!

Best wishes

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

sam30204
on 10/6/11 4:48 am
I  had the sleeve done with him in June 2010. It was the smartest thing I ever did for myself. I have lost 139lbs. Went from a size 20W to a 4R. My shirts were2XL now I wear a small. I am acually underweight right now. Have not firgured out how to not lose or gain. I have not found the happy spot yet. I had zero complications, the hospital was spotless the care top notch! He is a great MD and does the sleeve correctly! Good luck!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

lavendargirl1
on 10/7/11 12:58 pm
Thank you all for you input. I have scheduled my surgrey for 10/11 WOW, that is in 6 days.
I will travel to Calexico monday, stay Monday night, Go to the hotel in Mexicali on Tues, have surgery on Wed, WOW... Get out on saturday, meet my hubby in Calexico and go to San Diego for 5 days to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. WOWOWOWOWo..
I do have to return to work 11 days out so i hope the R&R will be good.
Tirzah2011
on 10/7/11 3:20 pm
I'll see you there then! 
Blessings!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  Albert Einstein

Pre-band weight 330 lbs, May 2004
RNY revision 296, October 2011
Current weight 218

k__
on 10/27/11 3:36 am - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
I had my VSG w/Dr. Aceves on 9/22.  I couldn't have been happier with the entire experience.  I would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone.  I think the quality of the support staff in this situation makes all the difference, and Dr. Aceves' staff were superior in every way.  I haven't seen a single person on any of the message boards that had a less than stellar review.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views