What Consultant to use?? Dr. Kelly

pineview01
on 10/28/12 10:51 am - Davison, MI

I realize how you feel but, many here have asked for Trish's number.  I for one asked for and appreciate this info.  If I can't get the insurance to pay for the sleeve, I will be heading to Mexico and Dr Kelly is on my short list.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

walmartian
on 9/27/11 12:16 am, edited 9/27/11 12:17 am
I on the other hand reccommend running TO this practice--great care, great service, wonderful surgeon and staff.
I assume that how all this drama got started is that this is a public forum, ie an online conversation,  and Dr K can't be expected to police the entire internet. Even if he did, um...susanpalmer is not 'conducting business', she is just one of us, posting a phone number. Trish is not just a coordinator, she works at Dr Kelly's office, so will be there to help no matter which co-ordinator you use OR if you go thru Sandy like I did, or another coordinator, so you can use your credit card or a loan plan to pay.

Jackie00
on 9/27/11 8:20 am
I agree with you and run TO this practice. He is a great surgeon and everyone deserves this. I have worked with surgeons and know some get that attitude that they are better then you. You would never experience this with Dr Kelly. Everyone works as a team there, no one is better then the rest.

I had Suzana as a patient coordinator while there and she answered my questions, called my family after my surgery etc.. Trish came in on her own time to meet me because I asked of her where abouts. I didn't know this was going on at that time. She didn't need to come in to see me but I am glad that she did and I had the opportunity of meeting her after all the good things I have heard about her.

So just to clarify that you should not expect her to be there if you go through another coordinator. We were left at the hotel with nothing as well but I mentioned this to Dr Kelly and I think he is going to make sure everyone has their gatarade, jello and bandages like Trish did for her clients. I guess we all just expected this after hearing of Trish's care on here and never knew that she did this on her own. This is no way a big deal, I was not alone and was able to go buy some soup, gatarade and bandages at a local store, but if I was travelling alone I wouldn't have been too brave to go out after hearing so many rumors. The streets are safe there and lots of helpful people so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

goodkel
on 9/27/11 12:31 pm
Why in the world are you throwing your money away on these salespeople, anyway?

And I, too, agree with Emily. No matter his surgical skills, he needs to get a handle on his business affairs, hire salaried personnel, and stop subjecting his patients to all of these sleazy, back biting salespeople.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/27/11 1:32 pm - Tuvalu
On September 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM Pacific Time, Heath23 wrote:
Hello all I am new to this site and have decided to start my weight lose journy I have done tons of research and decided that I think I want to have VSG with Dr. Kelly, But I am unsure as of to who I should got through I have heard good things about Christi, Sandy, and Tish ( If she still works there I say a message to debate that ) anywho I just wanted to know who some of you went threw and what to expect and what made you decide to use them. My other question would be I am a little confused on how the comunicaton with the Dr. is to work. I have not scheduled a date or commited to anything yet just trying to get more info before I put my life and money on the line.

If he can't run his business without making YOU pay coordinators, you need a doctor with a better-run office.

He should either return phone calls or email himself.  He should have a form letter ready to send giving you most of the details on how to get the ball rolling.

He speaks English.  He went to school here.  He's a US Army veteran.  If he won't bother with patients, f'him and the horse he rode in on and find a surgeon who CAN bother with you.
Lovevsg
on 10/1/11 7:55 am
Im going to add my opinion just because I feel very grateful and happy that I had a good surgeon who thanks to him I'm no longer obese and have my self-steem back. I personally went through Christi but I also met Trisha and she was very nice. I think it doesn't matter who your coordinator is because the one that's going to cut your stomach is not them. They are doing business like anyone else and it would be nice if people cut the drama out because it may affect Dr Kelly and people may miss out on a great and affordable surgeon just because of peoples drama. He's a great surgeon and so is all the staff he doesn't have time to be checking on coordinators or these boards so this has nothing to do with him. Good luck on your journey those that are starting out!

Lovevsg
on 1/15/12 11:37 pm
My opinion is like someone else said to speak with the different coordinators and decide who you like. I went through Cheisti and she was great, I meTrish there and I would recommend her too she still keeps in touch with me. Don't listen to any of the nonsense Dr Kelly and the staff are wonderful and thanks to him I was able to afford this surgery. I had no pain and was up and walking even walked to the beach which the nurses weren't happy about. Lol. I met my goal in a few months and I couldn't be happier. Good luck and wish you the best!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views