Atlanta GA residents, did a local doctor work with you after you had surgery in Mexico?

nomoyoyo2011
on 9/13/11 12:50 pm - stone mountain, GA
I'm planning to go to Dr. Aceves in October, but I'm wondering how I'd go about getting follow up care in the Atlanta area. I do have insurance (BCBS). Thanks for any information!
goodkel
on 9/27/11 11:09 am
There really is no aftercare you'll require that you can't do on your own with the assistance of a cooperative pcp.

My pcp took out my staples two weeks after surgery. She orders the labs I request of her, gives me a hard copy, and I track them and make vitamin adjustments myself.

The VSG forum here will provide plenty of help.

In the event of an emergency, the VSG is a relatively simple surgery, and any gastrointestinal surgeon could help you.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

walmartian
on 9/27/11 1:57 pm, edited 9/27/11 1:58 am
Just tell your regular doctor before you go--they will probably be thrilled. Far as I can tell, there's no truth to the rumor that no one will treat you after surgery in another country, unless you live in Texas very close to the border. . In fact all my docs were very, very supportive of me getting surgery in Mexico.And, I do live in Georgia, but I'm 60 miles to your west.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views