Life ♥

RollTideRoll
on 9/1/11 12:46 pm - Montgomery, AL

So, I haven't been on this site in awhile! I'm just updating everyone. My mom is doing pretty amazing! She definitely is a walking miracle! She's been working for the past few months now. She doesn't have anymore pain but her food still comes up sometimes when she's eating. She gained a little weight since the last time I wrote. She is now at a healthy weight for her height!

My dad finally got his prostate cancer removed and is recovering from that. He just had this procedure done about two weeks ago and he's glad that the pain isn't as bad as it was the first few nights. We are very blessed people to be coming out of things with great health! My little sister is now in eleventh grade and she is healthy as well.

Lastly, me. I started 12th grade at around 205 pounds and I am now down to around 174-175 range, thanks to my new doctor who does my fills in Birmingham, Alabama. He is AMAZING!!! I wasn't seeing any results until I started seeing him, so that's great! I graduate high school back in May of this year. I am now in college and studying to be a Medical Assistant and then I will be going for an Associates in Nursing.

As for urging people to get a weight loss surgery in Mexico (especially Tijuana, because I learned about horrible things going on in Tijuana in my Medical Law and Ethics class), I would not tell people to go there. My family and I would have rather spent the extra money  to get it done in the U.S. We are still not satisfied with what happened, but we have to continue to live for the future and leave this in the past. I believe in karma and I believe that God sees all and this doctor will defintely have to face God at the end of his journey in life.
Thanks for listening,
Amanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views