Nova Scotia Canada Questions

susanpalmer
on 8/22/11 10:05 am - annapolis county, Canada
I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is from Nova Scotia or Canada that has gone to Mexico to be the sleeved and ran into medical problems. While there and when you returned to Canada does our health care cover us once we are home even though we went out of country for surgery. Is there a private insurance company  that will cover us in Mexico knowing we are going for surgery??   Any input is appreciated as I am planning on going in Jan .

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

Mary C.
on 8/23/11 1:47 am - Glovertown, Canada
 Hi Susan - I know a few people who have gone to Mexico for weight loss surgery - RNY. Thankfully, none of them have run into any problems. I would expect your provincial medicare would cover you should you fall ill due to your surgery once you get back home. I have never heard of any cases in Canada where people have been denied coverage because you went out of the country for surgery. But I could be wrong. As for insurance to cover you while you are in Mexico - I'm not sure. Good luck!

mojomom
on 9/6/11 12:08 am
 Hi Susan,

Who will be doing your surgery?  I live in PEI and was sleeved on August 1st in Mexico.  I didn't run into any problems, but do know of others who did.  It's important to really research your doctors, etc.  Are you using a coordinator?  How much is it costing?  I know - a LOT of questions, but I'm wondering if our experiences are similar.

I have to tell you I feel GREAT!  I'm down 28 lbs. now and I'm feeling more energetic and better all the time.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'm happy to help if I can!

Good Luck to you.

Mojomom

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views