Dr. Ramos kelly? The good,bad, or ugly

soulsister
on 8/21/11 1:45 am - NY
I am contemplating between going to ramos-kelly or aceves. Dr. Kelly is more reasonable. Just wondering of his surgical skills are that of Dr. Aceves. This would be a revision as I had my lap band out 2 months ago. I want someone who has a lot of revision experience as I know I have a lot of scar tissue.
Any recs???
walmartian
on 8/21/11 8:00 am
I loved Dr Kelly--I could not ask to be treated better than I was there! I think both of the 2 you mention are probably comparable; everyone I have seen posting about Dr kelly loves him, ditto for Dr Aceves.I

Emily F.
on 8/21/11 9:30 am
You need to flat out ask how many revisions they have done. That is a serious operation.
bscarpinato
on 8/22/11 4:15 am - bridgeport, TX
the good the bad the ugly; dr. kelly is a good surgeon- i had no bad experiences; as for ugly nope he's good looking, but more importantly a good person, excellent dr.
Kimmes
on 8/22/11 8:59 pm
Wonderful skilled surgeon - more than happy to share my personal experience if you want to message me! I worked directly with Trish - Dr Kellys assistant who is in Mexico and will be there with you through the entire experience.

I am 7 months out and 10 pounds from my final goal - would not change a single thing! Let me know if you want to talk - I know it is a scary nerve wrecking decision. I still hear from Trish who follows up on my journey periodically. Since surgery I have felt I got great support from Dr Kelly any time I had a question; he or Trish were there for me and still are!

Again - let me know if I can answer any specific questions or if you want to talk to Trish directly. Best wishes on your journey!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

soulsister
on 8/22/11 9:55 pm - NY
Kimmes,
Did you go through christie at successfully slimmer.com? I didnt't know I could speak directly to Trish to organize everything.
I can't email you on my Ipad. For some reason it won't let me!
peigirl
on 8/23/11 8:17 am - Alberton, Canada
I have just booked my surgery with Dr. Kelly.  I will be travelling to MX with a couple of ladies in mid September.  We booked through Christi.  Apparently Trish no longer books for Dr. Kelly.  Good luck and maybe we will meet in MX.
soulsister
on 8/23/11 8:47 am - NY
Oh i see. So i guess i will have to go through christi then. What is the price? Good luck to u!
Jackie00
on 8/23/11 1:42 pm
Check with Christi on the price since it will be a revision it will be a little bit more then a virgin sleeve.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

soulsister
on 8/24/11 3:45 am - NY
I spoke with christie and trish. They both quoted me a price of 5500.
It is not any more because my lapband is out already.
The only differences between the two are the hotels you stay with. The one christi has you stay at, ticuana, is the number one hotel in tijuana according to tripadvisor.com. I use that sight for all of my trips and have never been let down!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views