Dr. Aceves

photobia
on 8/19/11 6:48 am - NE
VSG on 01/11/12
Any reviews for Dr. Aceves would be appreciated. I'm looking at him for the sleeve surgery.

Thanks.
Margo N.
on 8/19/11 2:05 pm
I had a great experience with Dr aceves and his team. A detailed description is posted on my blog.
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

photobia
on 8/20/11 10:09 am - NE
VSG on 01/11/12

Thanks for responding and the really detailed blog. It really calmed my fears. I hope it will also calm my husbands fears. I havent heard anything bad about Dr. Aceves or his team, so I think
he will be the one I go with. Thanks again also for the recipes, they look delicious!! 

sam30204
on 8/23/11 9:51 pm
I too used him and in my opinion he is the BEST! You will have confidence that your surgery was done correctly. I have actually lost way below my goal weight. I am now trying to figure out how to stop losing and not regain. I started at 256lbs. This morning I was 119.8lbs. You can do it if you do it the right way! Dr Aceves is great and his staff was wonderful, the hospital was spotless. It was worth every penny. Good luck!

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

photobia
on 8/23/11 11:04 pm - NE
VSG on 01/11/12
Thanks for the info. I'm still a little apprehensive about having the surgery, but all the posts about how good people feel now are helping. Thanks again.
Lori D.
on 12/16/11 5:54 am
VSG on 01/11/12
Hi!  If you are having your surgery on Jan 11, 2012 with Dr. Aceves, I am too!!  I'm less nervous about this than I was having my gall bladder out 2 months ago.  I can't wait.  Less than 4 weeks for us!
photobia
on 12/19/11 11:42 pm - NE
VSG on 01/11/12

Good luck with yours as well. I'm nervous, but excited as well.

amidwife4u
on 9/13/11 4:36 pm
I am having my surgery, VSG, on the 28th.  I am so excited.  I have done a lot of research and talked to a lot of patients about Dr. Aceves.  I am a Nurse Practitioner/Nurse Midwife, so I talked with tons of medical folks about the procedure and my decision to go to Mexico.  I have not yet had my surgery so I can not tell you about my experience, but a close friend went 2 years ago and still raves about Dr. Aceves and his staff.  I could have the procedure done locally, but Dr. Aceves complication rate is so low.  I can't get that where I live.  I wanted the best surgeon that I could afford, without over spending....and I believe I found it with Dr. Aceves.  I will be sure to post my experience after I get home.

My advice, do your research.  Don't go with the best "deal".  This is your life.  You deserve the best.  I am in the health care field and have tons of connections and I have chosen to go to Mexico to Dr. Aceves.  If you do the research and spend the time looking into individual surgeons, you will find the right one for you.

Wishing you the best in your search.
Julie
VSGbyACEVES
on 9/28/11 12:02 am - UT
If you do your research you will see that Doctor Aceves is one of the BEST and most experienced in this surgerical procedure.  Price is less important than experience, and the fact that he uses the right sort of staples that you need in your body for the long term.
[be sure to investigate this if dealing with other doctors--even in the USA] 

Dr. Aceves has been a bariatric surgeon for over 25 years!  Recently he spoke as a distinguished faculty member at the 2011 "Expert Consensus Meeting for Gastric Sleeve Surgeons" in Miami-Florida.  He is the president of the Bariatrics Board in Mexico.  He has performed over 2500 surgeries.

Now for me personally. 

I have never had a better experience with a doctor, a staff, a hospital in my entire LIFE.  One thing I like about Dr. Aceves besides being a great surgeon {my scars are smaller than my little finger nail--and trust me--most people cannot say THAT}, the thing I like most is that he is a REALIST!

He came in to speak with another patient and me prior to our surgery to tell us the importance of caring for our bodies after the surgery.  He told us that HE [and his surgery] was only 50% of MY weight loss solution IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME. [20 letters--10 profound words]

I am 57.  If you look on the WLS boards everyone says don't expect too much if you are over 50.

That is just STUPID.  I lost 45 lbs, 45 inches overall in 45 days.  Today at 4 months out, I am now down from a size 22 to a size 12 and weigh 175#.  I started at 250 on January 1st-2011, and my weight on the day of surgery was 230. [May 2, 2011] I need to check my inches, but I know I have lost at least 1-foot on my waist alone.

You have to look really really hard to find my scars, I am doing better than anyone expected, I walked my doggies the week of surgery, and I love Dr. Aceves both as a surgeon and as a human being. 
I also loved the care that I received in Mexicali at the Almatar Hospital which is a private hospital.  So clean, so well organized, and the number of nurses to patients will blow your mind.  IT is so much better than the US hospitals that you feel like you are in a HOTEL with "rock-star" service.

My POST care has been unbelievable.  IF I have a question about anything, someone is responding to my email or phone call within minutes of my questions.  And they are not "set responses", they are personal, professional, and productive to me and my concerns.

I just went back down to Mexicali for a follow up baractric screening [xrays, blood work, etc]. That cost me about 1/10th of what I would have paid in the USA, if not more.  I loved riding in the van with 5-other women who all shared what is working and what to watch out for.  The success stories and the advise were great.

So, I say look no further.

You have found the right doctor with credentials, with a strong US reputation among his peers, with
25 years of experience, with a fantastic business that is only focused on one thing [bariatrics surgeries], a great hospital, a great team that brings you to the hospital, takes the best care you will ever experience IN a hospital, and gives the best AFTER-care that you will find anywhere in the world.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views