Just want share!

Msbfree
on 8/10/11 2:42 am - Red Oak, TX
I first want to say that this is no attempt to refute anyones experiences positive or negative. But I am deal with my own feelings and I feel that I have a right to say this.

The post regarding not going to Jerusalem Hospital,, it is actually a clinic made me very upset,,, So I did try to find out more, I wanted the information from the other clients that were there that day, so that I could determine a better understanding. THis is what I got.. prior to the trip everyone is told that guest may have to use other spaces to accomadate the patients. However,  sometimes guest may  feel very entitled and can be very demanding,  This is all I can say without getting anyone into trouble but the information I got back included words like "temper tantrum"  and "Excessive". I hope to not offend but to make certain that anyone that read that post was aware because it left me feeling bewildered... This is my life and I definetly dont want to be cheap with that. But I recognize that MX is becoming very competitive in these surgeries, I was actually expecting to get information that this may have been an imposter.. But she was an actual client that day.... I wish her well...

Jackie00
on 8/10/11 5:39 am
I have read a post, not sure if it was you or who.  That they had guests sleeping everywhere in the house, it was jammed full.  Sorry but this is not professional.

I don't see your other post so not sure what you are talking about other then what I can remember reading somewhere.
Msbfree
on 8/10/11 9:21 am - Red Oak, TX

I don't think they have any control over kicking guess out of the recovery house or not. But I think for one that if they attempted to remove the family and friends from the recovery house then that would constitute more criticism, and again that is information that is provided to the client and guest before they arrive so who is lacking.  But to use that as a reason to post comments that would appear there was an occurrence that was unbelievable and Balaton that is the problem. You bring guest . the rooms are for the clients, in the case a client has to stay for a couple of days more than planned, do they need to get a hotel or the companion and guess that traveled with the client.....If your going to bring a guest make provisions just in case there are more patients staying over in the recovery house. But don't get angry and take the misfortune to the extreme, try to have some understanding. The reason the cost of the surgery is so low is because they use the recovery house

Jackie00
on 8/11/11 9:34 am
well if it is a double bed and you have 1 guest then there is no reason why they can't stay at the guest house.  I would much rather a hotel but hard to say just yet what is going on with me, hope to have things booked in the next few weeks.
hollykim
on 8/11/11 10:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
There are not double beds,they are single beds. Th Op is exactly right,they have no control over how long a patient will need to stay. Most recover and leave on schedule but some need more time. There was a p atient when I was there who had been there a week longer than she was supposed to because she was having trouble with swelling and couldn't keep liquids down.

it was busy when I was there but all the surgeries got done and everyone was taken care of.

IMHO,people who haven't been there should refrain from commenting. At best it is gossip and at worst it is slander.

hollykim
on 8/11/11 10:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Remember,it is a foreign country and they don't use the ame terms we do. Sometimes a "Clinic" is considered a hospital there. the fact that it is in a srip mall? PFFt,forget it...there is a free standing surgery center near a Hustler retail store in Nashville.

That is what it actually is...a free standing ,like outpatient surgery center. Didn't matter to me where it was located. They have no control over who else rents in that area,yannow?

It appears to be perfectly common and acceptable in MX to have businesses in the most run down,ramshackle buildings you have ever seen. They use what they have available. It doesn't mean they aren't perfectly respectable businnesses.

I had some of the most awful fights with people who had never been there and were just saying I heard this and I read this,when honestly,if someone hasn't been there first hand they should not be posting. Everyone who has surgery in the states aren't treated like a princess/prince sometimes either.

Much,much luck to you,keep me posted,
Holly

Msbfree
on 8/12/11 6:55 am - Red Oak, TX

Hello,,  Ms Holly

Thanks so much for your knowledge on these things,, and sharing

It is already difficult enough  to make a descision like going out of the country for surgery.. but these forums offer a place to obtain much needed information,, because as a  cash payor I have no NUT,, no psyc evaluation,,, so I use this forum for that to a certain extent, and to know that I am not alone... then to have people use it as a place to rant , and say things like "My surgery went well, no complications",, but "DO NOT USE JERUSALEM HOSPITAL", because they were unable to get what they wanted, when they wanted... is just a little much

I know that the remarks have kept me from wanting to post to learn more from the forum,,, from people like yourself that could really be of some help to me,, because it almost feels that others will see Dr. Almanza name and do to me what others are saying about going  MX period,, that she is making a bad decision,, and I really dont need that right now....  I thank you,, and please keep posting,,, I can see that you are doing real well with your VSG,,  I am looking so forward to meeting Dr Almanza,, I feel that he is going to come into more of this stuff as people see that he is performing these procedures at a higher number than any other surgeon... That includes the US>.. So that is something to brag about of our surgeon,,

hollykim
on 8/12/11 7:18 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
You are right that when anyone sees his name as your surgeon there will be all kinds of warnings,etc. It got so bad around my surgery time and shortly after that many of the people who usde him took his name off their profiles and those who kept his name there just never said anything in the ranting posts.

Dr a is a sweetheart and so cute...his pictures don't do him justice.

Check out my profile if you haven't already for a detailed account of my journey with pics.

I think I have done very well,after the initial nausea after waking up,i was good to go,minimal pain,gas passed quickly and I was up being the goodwill ambassador of the place checking on everyone else.

the strip mall is a new development and is very nice. DH and I were most pleasantly suprised about every aspect of the time we were there and my care. They even fed him every meal while we were ther at no cost to him. The attendants at the recovery hous cooked three times a day for the workers and everyone who was there with a patient. If they weren't cooking they took him out to a resturant along with any other companion that wanted to go.

Don't be suprised if surgeries don't start till about 1100 am. It tkes that long to get the labs back and decide from the histories of each patient who will go first. My surgery started at 430 pm. I was done and out of surgery by 630 pm; by the middle of the night I was up going to the bathroom and walking. Take a heating pad as that helps with the gas. Also,lots of gas-x strips and don't be afraid to melt 5-6 one right after the other,they won't hurt you. one or two never did much for me.

It was fun at the recovery house;there were people from all over the world there and they were fun to talk with and compare stories etc.

Now,when ever anyone posts about dr Almanza or jersalem hospital,I just say my experience was a good one but some peoples experience was not. That is all anyone can say really;the cases are so individual.

One girl a while back was posting about all these complications her mom was having,and lo and behold she had posted a pic of her mom outside the center smoking! She got reamed as everyone knows smoking can cause healing problems and this was the DAY of her surgery. She got so mad cause people were saying it MIGHT be her mothers fault and not Dr. almanza's that she took the pic off her profile so no one would know it might have been her moms fault that sshe had so much trouble. The she could go right on bashing his integrity with no real justification.

Msbfree
on 8/12/11 7:38 am - Red Oak, TX
Where to start!!

Gas-x strips,, I will pack those,, so far on my to go list,, are broths, gloves,, and bottled water,, I am going alone,, but I will leave my wedding band at home,, fingers swell,, I plan to braid my hair, and I am only carrying, 5 pairs of undees,, 1 outfit to sleep in,, and 2 shorts (loose fitting), and tee shirts. that can be re-worn after a light washing,, this will keep my back pack under 20 pounds,,  Now all of this comes from an accumulation of information from the forums... the broths were mentioned because the facility only offers the creamy,, which are difficult for me when I am well,, bottled water for my wait in the lobbys of the airport.. and my hygiene pack, cute little thing, complete with toothbrush/paste, deodarant,, and lotion, for comfort not applied to surgical site of course....

Next... the lady that had to be hospitalized, apparently had more health issues than she may have been aware of,,, but the smoking definetly is a no no... for interference with healing,, that whole awareness of decreased oxgenation... is enough to have caused her the problems alone.. But WOW,,,, she took the pictures down... See that is why I always say that the truth has 3 sides.. His , Hers, and what really happened.... 

Please help me complete my packing list, if you can,, I know its hot,, and I was thinking I would just stay in my room, until I was ready to go,, but now that you have made it sound like I will get to run my mouth and talk with people, I may need to reconsider my wardrobe... I love chit chat,, especially if I am going to learn something from it..

hollykim
on 8/12/11 8:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
They had clear liquid soup when I was there but it never hurts to take some for the airport on the way home too. They had jello,gatorade and the most wonderful ice popsicles I have ever had.

They will do your wash for you at the recovery house if you need it. The wardrobe you have planned is fine. People will come in wearing their pj's and t shirts what ever is confortable since we all had drains and the incisions to work around. Nobody wore a bra cause nobody could stand one and nobody else ever said a word.

Be sure to pack something like Burt Bees for your lips. Don't take a petroleum product like chapstick cause it is a fire hazzard around oxygen.

Yeah,that girl was something of a loo loo...she hasn't posted in a couple months or so now,that I have seen and she only posts on this forum.

The truth has three sides...yeah,that is what I would try to point out on these ranting posts when everybody and their dog would jump in like a rabid pack. I tried to tell them it was soooo unfair to malign a surgeons reputation when they didn't have all the facts...just one side of the story and that side hadn't even been in their right mind part of the time.

I  have a nursing background and I can't tell you the number of times I had patients like the one discussed previously and patients who I checked on all day or all night and I KNOW what happened during said day or night and the outlandish things patients would say to their families or the doctor...my mouth would just drop open in disbelief.

I have also had those patients who didn't care what else was going on or how sick anybody else was,they wanted what the wanted and they wanted it when they wanted it and to hell with everybody else. My thought was always that I didn't care what they wanted or when they wanted it only because they could yell louder than other patients. I always gave them good care,but my heart often was not in it for those people.

We wwwent shopping and on a drive to the beach and one day the driver was gonna run some errands and lots of people were gone so we went with him all over town. We were getting bored cause we planned to stay a week in case there was a problem or I didn;t feel like traveling so soon. We stayed at the recovery house 3 extra days after I could have left. Your shorts and t's will be fine for a little shopping trip and believe me you will see stranger things than someone wwithout a bra,one of the incisions is just about the center of your ches where the bra strap goes.

I left all my jewelery at home even earrings. You don't need them and it is something else to keep up with. We did take out laptop and felt safe leaving it in our room at the recovery house and at the center for that matter.

They have cable but the channesl are all in mexican which was interesting. You might bring a book if you read for pleasure,cards,you might find someone to play with or u can play alone. One of the recovery houses has a little garden area and that is where I went and got a little sun on my belly. It was unusually cold when we were there in Feb 2010 as it had been a cold winter everywwhere. I wore my hoodie almost all the time. There is not really heat in the houses in MX as it is is so mild all the time. There were little space heaters in each room which we used at nite. I don't know if there is airconditioning or not but it is pretty breezy so might not even need it either.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views