Question for the Canadians that have went and how the flight was on the way home

Jackie00
on 8/13/11 9:35 am
Works out to be about the same to go with AirCanada actually probably a bit more.  They do have a good deal to fly to Toronto for 90 bucks
Emily F.
on 8/14/11 6:24 am
hey, I flew three legs, the longest was 4 hours. You should get up and walk at least every 1 hr. I got extra pain pills when I was in Mexico for the ride home and for after care. ge****er in the airport. I wasn't that uncomfortable while on pain pills, I was in the middle seat on the way back and a lady switched seats so I wasn't touching her.

You'll be fine.
sa82028
on 8/15/11 9:58 am - Canada
Hello folks,
I live in Beaver Bank, and was planning to go to MX to see Dr Ponce De Leon sometime in September, but I haven't booked a date yet. If we can coordicate dates, maybe we can all travel together! Jackie00, the flight time from San Diego to Toronto is about 4.5 hours. That will be the hardest part, I think.
Jackie00
on 8/15/11 11:36 am
I think Fancy Roses is going to him but not sure when.

Yes the flight to Toronto on the way back is going to be a biatch but hoping they will set us where there is some leg room.
sa82028
on 8/16/11 1:39 am - Canada
You could also fly through Chicago, that would break up the flight time a little better.  Instead of flights of 4.5 hours and 1.5 hours, it would be more like 3 hours to Chicago and 3 from there to Halifax.  I haven't flown internationally through Toronto in a few years, but you used to have to change terminals, and you will have to claim luggage, go through customs, etc.  before you can catch your connecting flight.  If you fly through Chicago you can do customs in Halifax, and not have to worry about making your connection.   Depending on your dates, the flights through Chicago are about the same price as the flights through Toronto.
Jackie00
on 8/16/11 6:01 am
Cool, send me the link when you find one.  That does sound good and I am always looking for deals on flights.  Whatever way is the easiest and within a certain price range I will go for it.  I found with air canada it is cheaper to fly on Tuesdays.  I was just playing with their website.
Mary C.
on 8/17/11 6:35 am - Glovertown, Canada
GREAT point - Toronto Airport/Customs a *itch anytime - let alone when you are a fairly fresh post-op. Clearing customs in Halifax - plus having the flights broken up a bit more evenly makes sense to me. Great post for those of you planning to journey!

Jackie00
on 8/19/11 11:39 pm
SA82028 is pretty smart about the flight so I guess we are going the chicago route Will confirm when we have it confirmed!!
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

mojomom
on 8/21/11 3:59 am
 Hi All,

I just read your posts and thought I'd chime in, too.  I live in PEI, and on Monday, August 1st, flew Continental Airlines from Moncton to San Diego.  Dr. Ponce did my sleeve on the same day and then I flew back at 6:00 ish that Thursday morning!

The flight back was no problem at all.  I didn't need any airport help at all, shopped, strolled, etc., and felt great.  There was no extra pain on the flights.

Only one small complication - when I was approaching my seat, a family of 3 was occupying the space and asked me politely if I would mind switching seats, so the mother could sit with her child.  I felt terrible - but I explained I had just had surgery and required the isle seat, so the middle seat they offered me 1 row back, just wouldn't be suitable.  A young man from Germany in the aisle seat overheard our conversation and offered me his seat and he very politely sat in the middle - whew!

I wanted to be able to get up and move around without bothering anyone by climbing over them.  In the end it worked out fine.

I flew from SanDiego to Newark and then Newark to Moncton.  No problems at all.  OH YES,  I called the airline 24 hours ahead of my flights and was able to get seats much closer to the front of the plane - this was sooooo great, because I was the first one in the lineup at customs and cleared through in about 2 minutes!  

Good luck to you all, and let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help if I can!

Mojomom

Jackie00
on 8/21/11 6:13 am
Cool, not sure about the other ones coming with me but I did put in a request for assistance for the way back so I think they will be pretty good and give us good seats, definitely an isle seat for me so I don't have to keep moving people but then again I don't want to keep moving either for them to get out for the washroom lol. Anyways, I think they are use to that in San Diego by now.

Glad you are home and hope all went well.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views