Question for the Canadians that have went and how the flight was on the way home

Jackie00
on 8/9/11 5:56 am
I know it is hard to move around on the plane and hopefully I will just sleep the whole flight, but what about the blood clot issue  and where you should get up and move lots?  I know to ask for assistance on the way home at the airport, but what was the pain like up at that elevation?   I know the flights you are usually jammed in there like crazy, someone mentioned to me to try and get the emergency exit seats so that you can at least stretch out your legs.  I am tall so I know they are usually crushed up against the seat infront of me.  So I will try to put them requests in to get one of these seats on my way home, worse part is they are so far from the bathrooms on the planes.  
I just hope that I can curl up and go to sleep, I know my last flight I had my youngest and they just stretched across the empty back seat and slept but a little harder for me.  maybe the flight won't be booked up as bad and we can have a choice of seats??  My flight will most likely be coming back up to Toronto.
peigirl
on 8/10/11 12:07 am - Alberton, Canada
Hi Jackie00:
Where are you from?  I live on Prince Edward Island and the flights to Mexico have me a little concerned also.  Not going just returning.  Do you have your dates booked yet?  I am looking at the middle of Sept with Dr. Kelly.
Good luck,
PEIGirl
Jackie00
on 8/10/11 5:31 am
NS  and no I don't have my dates booked but hopefully will know more in another week or two.  Middle of September sounds great, let me know if ya need a buddy, I am assuming you would be getting the flight from Halifax as well?  I would say anything after the 13th is good.
peigirl
on 8/10/11 6:51 am - Alberton, Canada

I could fly from Charlottetown and meet up with you or yes I could do Halifax.  Would you travel alone.  My husband was going to come with me but it is so expensive for both of us.  We also considered driving to Boston and picking up a flight to San Diego from there.  However, I don't think I would like to drive all the way from Boston after surgery.  As you can see I am still trying to work out the kinks.

Jackie00
on 8/10/11 7:04 am
Well it is about 600-700 from Halifax to San Diego, why would you have to drive to Boston?  It is probably pretty cheap but the drive is way too long and you would probably be better off driving home from halifax and just stopping every hour or so and stretch the legs and go for a walk, use washroom etc... lol.

My mom wants to come but I would rather her stay here and babysit my kids, same thing, I just don't have the cash to take everyone with me.  Are you pricing the flights on the websites?  I have been finding the cheapest so far is air canada on Tuesdays.  I don't really have the time to keep playing with them either so soon I will make the decision.  I sent ya an email on here.
baydoll
on 8/11/11 11:06 am - Ottawa, Canada
I had my surgery in Puerto Vallarta with Dr. Castaneda in January on a Saturday and flew home to Ottawa on Thursday...no problems at all, no discomfort. Good luck!! By the way, nice to see easterners here, I'm from Newfoundland.
Jackie00
on 8/12/11 10:42 am
Thanks for responding, I am worried about not being able to move around on the plane, I guess with the time change I will just have to see how long the flight is from San Diego to Toronto so I can get up and move around during the change from flights.  I think it is only 1 hr 30 mins to Halifax from Toronto if that.
Mary C.
on 8/13/11 8:39 am - Glovertown, Canada

Hi Guys - hope I'm not intruding - I drove from Moncton to Halifax on a Sunday - had my Lap RNY 3 days previous to that. The flight from Halifax to St. John's was 90 mins. My surgeon had no problem with me doing that. My flight was smooth and not uncomfortable for me at all. Had there been a lot of turbulence - that could have been an issue. I flew out west in March of this year - and the Toronto to Halifax leg of my trip back was 90 mins. So that part of your journey should be no problem. I would suggest you get out and walk about as much as you can between your flight from San Diego to Toronto. May I suggest you guys check out Porter Airlines. They often have great seat sales - and do fly in and out of Halifax to Newark, Chicago and Boston - in fact they have a seat sale on now - you might just be lucky enough to snag a good rate from Halifax to one of those spots - and then fly one of the US airlines to San Diego. Best of luck to you both!!

www.flyporter.com

Jackie00
on 8/13/11 9:28 am
Great, I will check it out.  Price with Air canada so far seems the best 600-700 bucks but can use a good deal. 
Jackie00
on 8/13/11 9:29 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views