Financing???

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/11 2:27 pm - LOUISVILLE, KY
How did you self payers finance your surgery? I'm trying to decide if I want to finance through my credit union,my bank or finance through Mexico at their office.I worry about the interest rate and if we will be getting approved. I really dont care the interest rate I just want to get approved for the right right thing.Trying make sure I do the right thing without jeoperdizing my credit scores. I'm hoping to try to go in September./October.We shall see.Thanks
twinsand1
on 7/29/11 8:29 pm - SC
I would suggest using your credit union.. I have heard the finance companys can be hard to deal with and they will charge all kinds of fees.. I personally used my tax return, but did try some of the finance companys and they gave us the run around.. Hope this helps..
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

Emily F.
on 8/1/11 10:40 am
How much do you need to finance? Those finance companies are not for a lot of money. If you need a higher amount, you should probably go through your credit union.
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 10:19 pm - LOUISVILLE, KY
Its $8500 dollars,yoor right I may do that if they approve me.Thanks
Nancy B.
on 8/7/11 1:19 pm - Bridge City, TX
VSG on 08/27/11 with
I used LendingClub.com.  I read about them at some point on the forums.  The way it works is, you post the amount you need (ask for a bit more, because of the loan origination fee) and what it's for, and it's posted for 2 weeks.  Investors then add a little bit here and there to "fund" your loan. 

I thought there was no way that we would get fully funded, because I was asking for an amount equal to 3 surgeries (for me, my hubby and mil).  But the last day or 2 the investing really picked up and we got the full amount we asked for.  We're paying a higher interest rate, but don't mind so much since I plan on paying it off pretty quick. 

I checked around at first to make sure the site was legit, since I had never heard of them or their type of loans.  But all it is, is people can invest in loans that they choose and get a higher rate of return than in traditional ways.  Many investors only chipped in $25 each, so there is a lower risk to them.

-Nancy
-Nancy 

HW 238    Starting Weight 227   Surgery Weight 212   CW 155
Height 5'5"            Lost 9 lbs. pre-op, and another 6 lbs. on the liquid diet.
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/11 10:04 am - LOUISVILLE, KY
too risky,I think I'm just going to use my tax refund that way I wont have to borow as much and feel more comfortable borrowing through someone I know .Plus I am working on my credit scores so hopefuly by then i can get a good loan offer .Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views