Surgery in Mexico end of September, looking for a buddy

Jackie00
on 7/26/11 10:14 am
Just looking for someone that is interested in going to get surgery at the end of September, looking at the last week,  I am still stuck over surgeons and decisions.
Mikilein
on 7/27/11 10:38 pm - Brampton, Canada
 Hi Jackie, 

made my payment yesterday, leaving at Sept. 2. I know everything will be allright. Found people went with Dr. Ponce. 

Keep your fingers cross

Britta
Jackie00
on 7/28/11 5:57 am
what people and how can I find them?
Dedria
on 8/6/11 9:34 am
Hi Jackie,

I am going Sept. 9-12 and know Dr. Ponce personally.  He is a great surgeon, having done my band six years ago and then had my band removed and the sleeve done the end of May.  I could give you the names of 50 Americans who have had surgery with Dr. Ponce.  The INT hospital is clean, the nursing staff excellent and you also get an English speaking patient advocate.  The hospital also has a house doctor who stays 24-7 on your floor if case you need help... they speak English also.  Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Dedria
Jackie00
on 8/6/11 10:58 am
I am unable to go during that time.  How come if you know of 50 people that I could only find 1 person so far?  Unless of course they do not use this website, but really there are no references anywheres.
Dedria
on 8/8/11 1:15 am
Many of them do not use this web site, but if you would like I can tell you about an American lady who lives there -- knows Dr. Ponce well -- and operates a guesthouse.  You can get in touch with her directly:

Lana Humphries
Grace Guesthouse
Tel: (225) 448-1545 - home or (619) 664-3948 - US cell and texting
email:  [email protected]

Jackie00
on 8/8/11 6:38 am
Yes I have heard of the name but believe she is a worker for him.   I guess I will have to wait until I see how well you and your group do. 
amidwife4u
on 8/17/11 1:24 pm
Hi Jackie,
I am having VSG surgery with Dr. Aceves on September 28th.  A friend of mine is going with me as well.  His price right now is $8750...all inclusive once you get to San Diego.  You will be picked up at the airport, taken to the hospital in Mexicali (they drive on the US side and cross the border at Calexico..hospital is a few blocks from the border).  You arrive at hospital for tests, then get taken to a very nice hotel for the night, picked up in the AM and taken to the hospital.  Surgery done that day and stay in hospital 3 days.  You will have 3 leak tests before discharge and then are released and taken back to San Diego to catch your flight home. A spouse or friend can come with you and stay in your hotel room with you and in your hospital room at no additional fee...they just need to purchase their own food while there.   Dr. Aceves reputation is impeccable.  I am a Nurse Practitioner/Nurse midwife and have done a lot of research.  (and I heard that he is being written up in a reputable american magazine as one of the top 25 bariatric physicians in the WORLD).  Makes me feel really good about my choice.  Would you like to join me and my friend for surgery?  We could be sleeve sisters.  lol....  You will pay a little more for Dr. Aceves, but as far as I can find, he has not had a leak yet!  Pretty amazing.  I figured if my life is worth enough to get this surgery done, I am worth paying a little more to have the best surgeon!

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views