Planning to have VSG in Mexico??

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/11 9:07 pm
I am planning to have weight loss surgery in Mexico within the next 3 months. I would love to connect with others who are planning to do the same. So, if that is you, please reply?
Jackie00
on 7/20/11 2:42 am
Thinking about Sept or Oct here, just haven't made up my mind between Dr. Kelly or Dr. Almanza.  Did you book a date?  I would love to be able to meet up with someone just don't have a date set here yet and just trying to come up with the funds for the flight plus the additional 100 bucks for the hotel room since they only pick you up at 8am, all the flights from here don't arrive until after that down there might just try to get a late flight in that way I will sleep on it and then just play on the internet for a bit if they have it at that airport.  I have never been on a flight longer than 3 hrs so this is going to be really hard as it is, I don't really like planes.
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/11 2:18 am
Jackie00
on 8/2/11 5:28 am
Well I was only approved for so much and the flight will take care of every cent of what is left over.  I know, I know the pricing issues and my life is worth it but it would honestly take me 5 yrs to save up the money to go and see the big A's in Mexicali.  If that was the case I would wait to see if I got any co morbidities to get moved up on the 20 yrs wait list that is here in our province.

I am taking everything I have for the next two years and putting it into this surgery to pay off this loan, I even cancelled christmas this year so I can have this.  I will pick up another part time job after I am feeling up and running after the surgery, don't want to start a new one to say oh I need 2-3 weeks off.

So if you have a surgeon in mind that has good pricing and good reputation let me know please.
slimcin
on 8/22/11 5:49 pm - CA
I am having my surgery on Sept 12th with Dr. Kelly. His price includes pickup at the airport between 8am-4pm, 3 nights in hospital (actual hospital not clinic)and 2 nights in the hotel. As far as I know I am the only one scheduled for the 12th so far. Call Christi at Successfully Slimmer....she helped me and she is great...Dr. Kelly  will do in house fianancing...thats another plus.If you are there around the same time - I would love to meet you!!!
Msbfree
on 7/20/11 1:12 pm - Red Oak, TX
I am booked, and down payment done with Dr Alamanza, Date set 08/30/2011,, My coordinator is Christi Beardon.. I booked my flight to get me into San Diego at 1130pm... non refundable,, I just found out check in at the hotels in around 1-2 pm,, also shuttle services end around 10pm,,,

So now I am facing sleeping in the stall of the bathroom of the airlines !!!!.. or walking from hotel to hotel to find a vacancy.. then if I find a place to lay my head for 6 hours, and the hotel does not have a shuttle to get me to Jetblue by 8am then I will need to taxie or walk back the to airport.... all while being NPO for my proceure,, and I am a stress eater..

Linda S.
on 7/26/11 9:36 am - McAlester, OK
I have been told that Dr. Almanza's pts are referred to the airport hampton inn and should ask for the medical rate which would be 100 to 120 dollars. Since I am cheap and for 6 hours I might could stand hanging around the airport killing time.
Msbfree
on 7/26/11 1:26 pm - Red Oak, TX

Hello,

Since posting my original reservation information, my coordinator has contacted me for my flight information, and I have also found out that I maybe able to taxie across the boarder and stay at a hospital within walking distance to the hospital.. which I think will be great, no fear about being left behind.

Mikilein
on 7/25/11 11:57 am - Brampton, Canada
 Hi, 

i m gonna have my surgery with Dr. de Leon on September 1. Hope everything will be allright. The flights are pretty expensive, but I have to do it. Let me know more about your plans. 

Mikilein
Msbfree
on 7/26/11 1:23 pm - Red Oak, TX
I paid I think total for round trip 286.30 so with hotel, cost of surgery, gas to airport, parking fees, and miscellanous I am still less than half what I would have spent for my surgery in the states,, But yoru right the airline ticket is the next highest cost following the surgery..... I did notice that the tickets increased in cost as the dates got closer to the flight date.   So I booked my ticket 5 weeks in advanced, and it was cheaper with a company called Priceline. I purchased online , electronic ticket...GOOD LucK!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views