Surgery on July 18 with Dr. Kelly

Tee23
on 7/10/11 11:12 pm - portsmouth, VA
Good morning!

I am coming mighty close to my surgery day and I am a little excited and anxious! I am going to be packing my bags this week and checking to make sure I didnt miss anything. For those who just recently got sleeved any suggestions for what to bring? I am bringing my gas x and thermal cup thanks to Heather T!
Heather T.
on 7/11/11 12:00 am
I am soo excited for you!  

Make sure to bring some sort of carmex for your lips----they get really dry!  Other than that I would suggest a laptop to be able to bring up the english to spanish translator (just in case---I only had one nurse that I had to use it for).  That and it gives you something to do and a way to communicate with people back in the states----my cell phone did not work in Tijuana.  Umm, and stretchy/elastic waist pjs or something to be comfy in for the first couple of days.

I really do wish I would have brought a themal cup---would have saved me from buying tortilla soup twice a day!  I just prefered the warm soup over the jello and I know that I would still get use out of the thermal cup.

I forgot slippers but the hospital gave me a pair to walk up and down the hallways---heck they even let me walk outside (I didn't leave the hospital grounds, there is a walled in little garden area).

That is all I can think of at the moment!  I know that you will do great because I know how much you want this and the effort that you are going to put forth to use your new tool. 

I know that I will talk to you on the phone before you leave but I thought I would reply here as well with things that I was thinking---so I didn't forget!

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

hollykim
on 7/11/11 7:41 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Burts bees lip balm or some other that is NOT petroleum based. Petroleum products and oxygen cause cause a fire.

Aalso,a heating pad helps with the gas afterwards. feels comforting and helps air to rise up and out.

GL, Holly

Tee23
on 7/11/11 1:00 pm - portsmouth, VA
Thanks very much for the input ladies! I did get that heating pad and I will surely  be speaking with you Heather!!
Msbfree
on 7/17/11 5:14 am - Red Oak, TX

"Happy Surgery Day",,  Bells and whistles,,, flashing lights, and crank up that tune "For your the jolly good fellow",,,,

Happy Happy Happy,, Surgery day,,, tomorrow... "I am a bit jealous",, but I am to happy for you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views