Dr. Almanza at Jerusalem Hospital

blue.roses48
on 7/14/11 5:00 pm, edited 7/14/11 5:01 pm - Irrigon, OR
I had surgury on 3-8-11 and have lost 52 pounds.  I now weigh 162.  Still have some to go.

When I got to the SanDiago airport I met 3 outher women.  All from different parts of the world.  All of us had the sleeve and all are progressing in diffent ways.  We keep in contatct so we have someone to compair notes with.  I do not regret going to Almanza at all.  It can be scary but it will be over before u know it and u will be on ur way to recovery.  We all have very differnt and yet some simular experiences. 

You will be fine, and glad u made this decision.

Highest weight:  250
Surgery weight:  213
Curent weight:  162
Goal weight:  135-145

TammyBell
on 7/16/11 1:01 pm - Huffman, TX
Thanks for the reply makes me feel better....Congratulations on your success!!!  I hope you are right my husband and I got into an awful argument and now he says I will have to go by myself so I am really nervous now....

God Bless
Tammy
blue.roses48
on 7/16/11 5:10 pm - Irrigon, OR
None of us had someone with them.  We all met at the airport and it all went well.   Everyone was friendly and there for each other.  All the staff was friendly and helpfull.  You will be fine. 

The hardest thing is not the surgury but getting all your protein in, eating slow, not drinking while eating and not to over eat.  I am still working on all of the above.  I am starting to recognize what is to much.  I just can not bring myself to not drink while eating, still eat way to fast.  I have not overeaten to the point that I through up but often it feels like the food is right at the back of my throught and that is uncomfortable.  I know the reason for this is because I do eat to fast and the sensation of feeling full does not register till I am over full.  Fortunatly my eyes can recognize what is the right portion size now.  For instance one slice of peperoni piza is to much.

Do not get woried, u will adjust.  It is the best decision I have made and u will think so too.

Katy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views