is Dr.Ramos-Kelly really 5,500?

msleesa
on 6/20/11 3:44 pm
For the gastric sleeve? I'm trying to save as much money as I can. i just learned about him today and have been researching and have only heard great things. If that is his price then I think I might have to reconsider having surgery with Dr. Aceves.
Kimmes
on 6/20/11 8:45 pm
Yes I think that is the current price. I had mine on Jan 6th with Dr Kelly and it was $5300 - I think there has been a slight increase. Check with Trish and see what the price is and work directly with her. If you need her contact info let me know.

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monique B.
on 8/8/11 3:50 pm
I WOULD CONTACT INFO ABOUT DR KELLY! I HOPE HE'S NOT LIKE DR. ALMANZA, I HEARD REALLY BAD THINGS ABOUT DR. ALMANZA
walmartian
on 6/21/11 8:29 am
Yes, I had mine done with him in March--no hidden costs and had a great experience. (see my review on his profie page here)

Monique B.
on 8/8/11 3:52 pm
 I HOPE HE'S NOT LIKE DR. ALMANZA, I HEARD REALLY BAD THINGS ABOUT DR. ALMANZA........ HOW MUCH DID U PAY W/DR. KELLY?
walmartian
on 8/8/11 11:55 pm
$5300--Dr Kelly is fabulous, the facility, care and staff are great, your price includes your travel companioon staying in the room in a full size, not hospital, bed, and they eat free, also includes everything else. You won't have complaints, I am sure. I have only seen the tiniest, nit-pickiest complaints about Dr Kelly's office, such as the person who was shocked that all alcohol pads were not individually wrapped or the one who didn't like Dr kelly's co-ordinator's car (!)

Heather T.
on 6/21/11 11:02 am
I had surgery with him in May and I paid 5300 but I think they had a special going on and it was normally 5500.  Everything was included in that price too!

Good luck!

First Goal: loss of 30.25 pounds (1/4 of weight) GOAL MET ON 6/15/2011
Second Goal: loss of 60.5 pounds (1/2 of weight)  GOAL MET ON 9/24/2011
Third Goal: loss of  90.75 pounds (3/4 of weight)
Fourth Goal: loss of 121 pounds (100% of weight)

msleesa
on 6/21/11 11:44 am
 How much money did you bring all together. I'm sure i'm gonna need more than 5,500.  Did you have more expenses?
hollykim
on 6/21/11 1:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
thought I didn't use Dr. ramos,I did have my surgery in Mx and from the time they picked us up at the airport until the time they took us back to the airport we spent no money. My facility even fed my husband three meals a day and snacks for a full week. we did take some spemding money for souveniers but that was all we needed plus meal money for the day we flew to San Diego and meal money for the day we flew back home plus lodging  for one night in san diego. We spent 6000 on the surgery,around 100 for the lodging around 100 for meals coming and going and then the souvenier money.

good luck,
Holly

walmartian
on 6/24/11 3:06 am, edited 6/24/11 3:07 am
The only other expenses I incurred were...tipped my driver $ 20 each way, upgrade to Lucerna hotel $44 for entire stay, gave surgeons asst $5 for extra jello and gatorade, paid for my sister's meals and my broth (get the tortilla soup broth, yum) in the restaurant, cab fare to the tourist market (less than $10)and a little money I spent on souveniers. Also we went to San Francisco for a couple of days before returning to GA, but can't count that. So really, unless someone is traveling with you and unless you will need to get a room in CA before or after surgery, you could take $100 extra and have money left over.

By the way, good luck, you will love Dr Kelly and the team, I'm sure!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views