I need references on the best surgeon in mexico

Lovevsg
on 7/16/11 9:51 am
I went with Dr Kelly in February and I paid $5000. I believe its a little more now but I still think the price is affordable. The service and knowledge from the staff and Dr Kelly was excelent. I felt safe and the place was very clean. I would recomend him a loved one.

gottago
on 7/17/11 8:36 pm

Oh my goodness!  $22,000!  Not nessesary!  There are good surgeons in Mexico.  I had mine done in the U.S. but my sister went to Dr. Kelly and was very happy!  Just make sure where ever you go, you go to a real hospital, not a clinic.  Even if it's a center of excellence, a clinic is a clinic and it migbht be okay for a lap band but a hospital has everything needed just in case.  Don't shop price alone.  You can find good prices and a good surgeon in a hospital!

jen1teacher
on 7/20/11 11:58 am
I agree, all procedures should be performed in a hospital not a clinic, yet another reason why I chose Dr. Ortiz.  Be sure to check out obesitycontrolcenter.com.

gottago
on 7/23/11 9:54 am
Does Dr. Ortiz do surgery in a hospital now?  He was at Obesity Control Center a clinic above the offices of eye doctors.  What hospital is he at now?
Ashley1214
on 7/29/11 6:06 pm - delray beach, FL
RNY on 05/18/09 with
Dr Joya all the way!!! i had gastric bypass 2 years ago with him...its a nice private hospital that is very clean and nice! my price included EVERYTHING! air,hotel, surgon fees, hospital $12,000 i was there for 9-10 days

i would def do it again, it was great and i lost 210lbs!

shogan
on 6/2/14 7:20 pm - Austell, GA

I am also looking to pay cash for surgery since my insurance will not cover the surgery and am considering the Mexican options.  My greatest fear is aftercare.  What happens when you get home and there are issues that arise a week or two after surgery...what then?  Who will see you?  I heard most US surgeons don't want to take care of you if there is a problem from a Mexican surgical issues related to WLS.   Aftercare is so important to success.  I live in the Atlanta area and want to go with a local surgeon but the cost is like 3 times more than what Mexico is charging.  

Imacatlvr2
on 6/3/14 8:25 am - Albuquerque, NM

The ER can not refuse you treatment.... My sister had the band in mexico back several years ago with Dr. Kuri she was able to find a Dr. in Florida for fills and checkups. She eventually moved to Las Vegas and had a revision to gastric bypass.    

shogan
on 6/3/14 10:30 am - Austell, GA

Thanks for the reply. I realize the ER would be an option for an emergency visit but I guess I am trying to figure out if my spouses insurance will cover any issues that may arise as a result of an infection or any other post op complication once I was home from the surgery if I go to Mexico.  I guess it depends on the insurance??

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views