I need references on the best surgeon in mexico

ncteacher76
on 6/20/11 4:41 am - NC
Hey Tracie.  I went to Dr. Rod last week in Juarez, Mexico and had an amazing experience!  I loved him and his staff.  The  nurses were amazing!  I have had a textbook recovery.  I can't even tell that I have my surgery until I "eat" or drink of course.  My stomach is sooo small!  I can only hold about 2 oz of liquid right now, before my tummy says "STOP"!!!!   I love it!!!!

Tracy (from NC)

lilliana0997
on 6/30/11 8:07 am
I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR OF YOUR GOOD EXPERIENCE.  I AM LOOKING TO GO IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS. AS SOON AS I CAN GET A PASSPORT.  I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE WORRIED BECAUSE I HAVENT SEEN MUCH ON HERE YET ABOUT DR. RODRIGUEZ.  DID YOU GO THROUGH BELITEWEIGHT TO SET IT UP?
Sara Diaz
on 2/5/18 4:55 am

It's February of 2018 and I was just reading your comment I was wondering did you ever go with dr. Rodriguez and how has your life been after the surgery?

Do you have any regrets or any advice

Heidi V.
on 6/20/11 5:11 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
I had my sleeve done 5 weeks ago today with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta. He was absolutely fantastic! The hospital and overall care was incredible. He has a great bedside manner and is very supportive. His whole staff was so helpful. The sleeve cost me $10k and included flight, 2 nights in hospital and 3 nights in hotel.

Good luck!

Heidi

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Dedria
on 7/4/11 6:37 am
I had the vertical "sleeve" with Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon -- I think he's the best because he has so many years of experience... and was one of the first surgeons to perform the sleeve in Mexico.  Many other surgeons work alongside him.  His price is about $6,900 all inclusive.  I am going to take a friend on July 25 to have the same procedure I did.
jen1teacher
on 7/10/11 2:39 am
I had gastric band surgery with Dr. Ortiz at OCC. He also performs other gastric procedures. I stopped searching for doctors when I found out Dr. Ortiz performed gastric banding on the doctor I wanted to see here in Florida (but my insurance didn't pay either) and also trained the FL doctor to perform gastric banding here in the states! I have returned to OCC in Tijuana for my follow-ups. I've lost 115 pounds so far!
AnnaMac
on 7/10/11 3:09 am - Andover, MN
Tracie, I too am in your same position.  I have been researching Dr. in MX for about a month now, and have finally decided on Dr. Alvarez.  Check out his website at endobariatrics.com!!  He is also on here and it will give you a full overview of his experience and credentials.  He specializes in VSG.  His surgery is price is $8900 all inclusive (you must purchase a plain ticket but they are about $200-$250 round trip- but I am flying out of MN, so it might be a bit different for you) I also looked into the state department website to research the town the hospital is in and make sure it is safe, and there are no travel warnings.  Susan, who works for Dr. Alvarez has also reassured me that they wouldn't allow people to travel there if it was dangerous. Good luck researching and with the surgery when the time comes (I am hoping to get mine in September/October so I will keep in touch)

-AnnaMac
sjoymitch
on 7/12/11 12:39 pm - Gilbert, SC
I second what Jen1teacher said about Dr. Ortiz. I just had the Gastric Sleeve done by him and he is excellent.  The Obesity Control Center has just been recognized as an International Center of Excellence back in March or April. Which is the same organization (out of Raleigh, NC) that recognizes the Bariatric Center of Excellence's here in the states.

You can see alot of information on him at www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

or you tube videos. I think as weightlosssurgery    or Dr. Ariel Ortiz.

I just had my sleeve surgery on June 27th. I had no pain, and was out shopping on Revolution Blvd. 3 days later feeling fine.  I went back to work on July 5th (Desk Job) but still no problems.  Just can't really do major house cleaning and that is fine with me!    My stomach does let me know when I have pushed a little to far.

No matter who you use, the best advise I can give you is to take GasX with you. On the third day after surgery, I woke up and looked  months pregnant.  I wasn't in pain from it just uncomfortable.  I read on the forums to not forget it and I can testify that is the truth.
Rosie514
on 7/15/11 1:19 am - FL
I 3rd that Dr. Ortiz trained many many doctors in the states and in Mexico why not go to the best.  He may cost a little more but I would pay the extra for the piece of mind.  I was very worried about going to Mexico but after going to Dr. Grossbaud and found out that Dr. Ortiz had band him 10 years ago and trained him.  We went with Dr. Ortiz with our eyes closed.  My daughter had the Lap Band on the 4th of Jul.  She is very very pleased with the surgery and his staff.  The place was very cleaned the nurses were excellent

You do have to follow the rules my daughter started her diet on 25 Jun and lost 17 pounds then after her band she has lost another 8 pounds for a total of 25 pounds.  After her surgery the next day we went shopping got a peel, she got her teeth whiting.  We must have walked for about 4 hours arounds.  Then went back to OCC and they drove us back to the Hotel.

I forgot take GASX you will need it.  I took some for my daughter I just choped it up for her. 

Hope this will help you

Best of luck and keep us posted
Rosie
jdeguzmanworldmeda
ssist

on 7/15/11 11:29 am
Our Doctors in Mexico have performed over 4000 Weight loss surgeries. We have helped hundreds of weight loss patients. Please feel free to contact me and I'll be more than happy to send you information on our doctors. Thank you, Jean De Guzman Case Manager http://www.worldmedassist.com/procedures/weight-loss-surgery-abroad/
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views