My family says going to Dr Aceves in Mexico is crazy!!

Crissy327
on 6/9/11 12:52 pm - NC
Wow! I have never heard of it being $4700. That would be an awesome surprise! Dr. Aceves does his surgeries at Almater hospital in Mexicali, I am pretty sure. I don't think he ever does them at a clinic. I have heard of a doctor that has a similar sounding name that does it for around that price at a clinic but I have read some scary things about him. I think Dr. Kelly is around $5,000 and he has a good reputation. If I could not afford Dr. Aceves, I would probably go to him. Dr. Aceves is currently at $8,750, which is quiet a bit higher but in the long-haul of my life, I think it's worth it to go to what I consider to be one of the best weight loss doctors in Mexico.

I hope this helps you and I hope you are able to find a good doctor that is within your budget. It is expensive for sure. Good luck and may God bless your journey.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
thenecklacelady
on 7/8/11 12:07 pm
 Dr. Aceves took care of my husband and myself, and I think he and Dr. Campos are both wonderful!

Crissy327
on 7/8/11 12:36 pm - NC
Thanks so much for your reply. I just got back too. I was sleeved by him on July 1st!

They really do have an awesome team!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Beautywithin
on 7/13/12 6:41 am, edited 7/13/12 6:42 am - San Jose, CA
thenecklacelady, can I ask what type of revison did you have with Dr. Aceves?
Jackie00
on 6/9/11 1:03 pm
http://www.obesitysolutionsinternational.com/

The cost starting at 5000, wonder where it ends lol, still that is not too bad of a price just don't want to deal with a financing company that charges you double the rate in the long run to pay it back
Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:50 pm - NC
Lol! Yeah, those finance companies can be expensive. I guess it might be worth it though if it is your only choice. I think I would finance it before I would go to some low-budget doctor that's new or something. I think as long as you research your doctor though, you can find a good price and a good doctor. Best wishes friend and thanks so much for you post. Good luck on your journey!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
sam30204
on 6/10/11 3:22 am, edited 6/10/11 3:22 am
You can get this done cheaper other places in Mexico BUT the piece of mind I have KNOWING that my surgery was done correctly is worth far more than what I could have saved. I have seen many posts from people who used some cheaper options then had upper GI's done in the US and found that had much bigger pouches and some fundus remaining ect, you will fail in the long term that way. I am an RN and I know that the care I recieved in Mexicali from Dr Aceves and his staff was equal to or better that care in the US. It was clean, professional. I have had zero complications. I have lost 130lbs, went from a size 22 to a 4. Trust me he is a great MD

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Crissy327
on 6/13/11 9:41 am - NC
Wow! What amazing results! I am a 22 now, would love to be a 4 again!! Ha! Ha! I also feel better knowing an RN says he's great. Thanks so much for your post. I think I just have the normal pre-surgery jitters:)
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
thenecklacelady
on 7/8/11 12:09 pm
 I was in the hospital with you... could you post a picture?  would LOVE to see you as a size 4!  I didn't make it to goal... still in a 12/14.  But at age 53, I'm just going to be happy and healthy.  I'm soon having a face lift.

sam30204
on 7/9/11 1:45 am
http://flickr.com/gp/64991498@N07/7Es528

This is me as a size 4 :D

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views