My family says going to Dr Aceves in Mexico is crazy!!

Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:19 am - NC
Are they right? They are all convinced I am going to die there but I feel I need help with my problem. Please let me know your experiences/thoughts.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Jackie00
on 6/9/11 11:33 am
Yep, my mom wants me to go and do up a form with a lawyer of who will take care of my kids before I go there etc...
But he seems to have very good reputation, just wish Canada would cover the cost since the wait time here is so long many many years.
Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:59 am - NC
Already been there! He! He! I just changed my will to reflect my current wishes! He! He! I sure hope I don't need to worry about that! Ha! Ha!

It sounds like Canada is quiet the wait. I sure hope you don't have to wait that long.
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 11:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I've only heard very good things about the doctor. He is one of the doctors I am researching for a friend of mine.
Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:57 am - NC
I feel pretty sure of my decison until I talk to my family and they act like I am jumping off the empire state building! He He
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 1:10 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
You can check the U.S. Dept of States website. They a plenty of tips to stay alert and safe.

travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/****55.html

travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_4787.html
Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:47 pm - NC
Thanks so much! I will read up on it!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Jackie00
on 6/9/11 11:46 am
I just wi**** wasn't so expensive but I know it is more expensive in the USA but in Canada we can have the surgery for free if we are willing to wait it out lol but we are talking like 7 years and I want done NOW.
Crissy327
on 6/9/11 11:56 am - NC
Wow 7 years!! That's 1/2 a lifetime! Well not really, ha ha but I am sure it feels like it. I sure hope you can get it done before then. Best of luck to you.
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Jackie00
on 6/9/11 12:39 pm
I did post on here a few weeks ago asking if anyone knew of a couple of doctors that had a deal on the 4700 to promote the opening of a new clinic.  I don't know if the deal is over or not, I cannot get a response from the person I was corresponding with.  I was asking them so many questions because I could not find any information on these doctors or anyone that had the VSG by these doctors to speak to.  So of course my nerves got the best of me.  So I don't know if that special is still on, but you know how the saying goes, if it is too good to be true....  I have found some comments on their hospital website but no one on here so I don't know if they are true or what.

when are you going to have your surgery done?  I wish these two highly recommended ones in mexico would give ya a deal if ya gathered up 5 people that wanted to pay for the same surgery lol or heck if they want to house me for two weeks a year I could always go down and work for them just to get away from our cold winters.'

I am still trying to figure out what to do, it is so depressing.  I highly doubt our personal medical insurance would cover me going there for the surgery unlike the ones that the Americans have.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views