Need help with Lap Band

Rosie514
on 6/7/11 1:49 pm - FL
 Hi, My name is Rosie my story is as follow:

My daugther only daughter is wanting a Lap-Band surgery in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz or Dr. Joya.

I have done lots of research and found these two doctors are great.  I am scared to death that something could go wrong, she is my only child.

Has anyone gone to any of these doctors and give me advise?  Please

I am going to help her to pay for the surgery due to the cost here in the states.  She has found a doctor in Florida to do her fills.

Thank you in advance
Rosie
MARIA F.
on 7/12/11 1:18 pm - Athens, GA

Rosie I know you want the best for your daughter, and it's great to get the opinion of others that have used the Drs. in Mexico.

I have been on the Mexico forum for several months researching because my band does NOT work, and I am hoping to revise to VSG.

There are some excellent Drs., in Mexico. Aceves seems to be the best from all the comments I've heard, followed by Alvarez.. Surgery in Mexico can be a wonderful experience if you go to one of the better Drs. Many say that the care they receive there far excedes the care they have received in a US hospital.

Now I am a hardcore bargain shopper, however I will tell u this...........do NOT price shop for WLS! There is one I am aware of that has an extremely low price but I have heard of several infections and complications with his patients. Just go with one of the better Drs. and there should be no problem.

That being said..............I would not recommend the band to my worst enemy. In 14 months I had 16 fills and 4 partial unfills, so a total of 20 adjustments and I NEVER reached restriction!!! I paid cash for my band in the US and now I am out about $15,000 for a band that doesn't work, and will have to pay cash to revise or at least have the band removed. The band can be extremely expensive for many of us!

If you have anymore questions about the band just email me.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Heidi V.
on 7/15/11 1:23 pm - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Hi Rosie,

I had a vsg with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta on May 2nd, 2011. He was absolutely fantastic. His whole staff is great and the hospital is beautiful and immaculate. I wrote a review of Dr Joya and the San Javier hospital on this website, if you'd like to take a look. If you need anymore info, just send me a message.

Heidi

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views