Dr. Fernando Garcia and/or Dr. Alejandro Lopez

Jackie00
on 5/28/11 1:24 pm
I know it is a new clinic in Tijuana but I was reassured that they have both done at least 500 of the VSG's and no leaks so far in first time wls patients.  I cannot find any references on here or any members that have went to them.  They have a really good price right now but not being able to find any references on them is making me a bit nervous. 

I have spoken to my dr here in Canada about going there and was told not to, but I explained the wait time here is about 5 yrs.  I really don't have 5 yrs to wait and know I can lose the weight but I also know that I will put it back on or get discouraged at the slow progress. I think the portion control help that you get from the sleeve is exactly what I am looking for, so I won't feel hungry and if I eat too much I will know from the pain many of you speak about on here.   I would love to be able to lose most of it within the 6 months so I don't have to keep buying new clothes, that can get pretty costly too.  Also a co worker said if I used the money to hire a personal trainer here, the nutrition and other medical services would be covered, I could afford to have someone come in and prepare or show me how to cook some food.  I didn't really go into the medical side other then my heart feels like it is going to pop out of my chest when I try and walk up a hill.  I don't even know where to begin with exercise, I am a single mom and walking fast just isn't going to be easy with a toddler.
littlebit218
on 8/19/11 4:38 am
Hi Jackie!  I am also looking into having WLS.  Dr Lopez is one of many whose name I have heard.  I was wondering if you would share your experience with the Dr. and the out come of your surgery.  Did your dr in canada check you out when you returned home?  I have heard so many horror stories but would truly love to be able to have the surgery, but I am self pay no insurance.  Anything you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Terri
Jackie00
on 8/19/11 5:47 am
Hi Terri,

I did not have the VSG done yet but my dr is aware the time is approaching and has agreed to follow up my post op care. A group of us are going in the next few weeks to a different surgeon if you are interested in going in September and want to know the info send me an email on here and I will pass along the information.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Britt_Bearpaw
on 11/10/11 10:35 am
I too am thinking about going with Dr.Garcia-anybody go with him? Please let me know any information would be much appreciated.
Jackie00
on 11/10/11 11:12 am
I didn't go with this surgeon. But good luck to you guys that go.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

ERICA86
on 8/26/11 5:44 pm
HEY.! IM ALSO LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING THE SLEEVE DONE BY DR. A. LOPEZ.! :)
SpaceRacer
on 4/13/12 4:06 am
Did you have the surgery?  I am looking for information on Dr. Lopez.  Please fill me in with any availble personal information.  I am considering seeing him in Tijuana. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 427 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 617 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1203 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1830 views