STRESS

SEXYBBW86
on 5/12/11 4:24 pm
I WAS WOUNDERING IF YOU HAVE TO MUCH STRESS IN YOUR LIFE WILL THAT STOP WEIGHT LOSS ????????
Emily F.
on 5/14/11 12:25 am
It can. But I doubt it will stop it forever, probably just cause a stall. I tend to exercise if I'm stressed and have found that I actually lose weight now when I'm stressed since I can't eat. You might also want to see a therapist who will have ideas on things to do when you are stressed.
hollykim
on 5/17/11 11:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
it can if you eat too much or poor choices to deal with the stress.
H

Ms S.
on 5/22/11 1:56 pm
LOL!  I doubt it or I'd have never lost an ounce!! 

Considering at the time of my surgery, I was the single mother of 2yr old twins, working and attending school (both full time), just divorced a man who left us for my 'best' friend/co-worker (she introduced us) - and was still "in love with"...and so on and so forth...so no ma'am: Stressors and stressful situations in and of themselves will not stop weight loss - life's a ***** sometimes and stress is just a part of life.  

How you RESPOND to stressors will of course make all the difference. If you binge or bing/purge, stop eating altogether, only eat certain types of foods when stressed (I tend toward 'comfort foods'), become more so sedentary (I'm stressed so I'm just gonna sit on the couch or stay in bed awhile)...then absolutely, you can expect the stress response to slow if not stop weight loss.

Being stressed is a part of everyone's life. How we deal with it makes us or breaks us. If you feel it's just too much (believe me, been there a few times) you may wanna speak with someone who can help you find constructive ways of coping...

Good luck to you (but I think you'll be fine :-) )

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views