Has anyone had their surgery with Dr. S. Verboonen

Newstart41
on 5/5/11 11:35 pm, edited 5/8/11 12:52 pm
I'm planning to have the lapband and trying to narrow down my DR options.
Any comments about Dr. S. Verboonen?

Oh boy, this post has been up for a few days now, and no replys.

Has anyone heard of Dr. Verboonen/international patient facilitators?
snowbaby
on 5/23/11 2:44 am - Durango, CO
Sorry for such a late reply but I rarely come into this forum anymore. I had a VSG with Verboonen about 1 year ago. He is an excellent surgeon. My MIL, SIL and husband all got bands with him several years ago. My husband had his removed 2 months after getting it because of complications but is now going in for a VSG next Saturday after seeing how well I've done with it. My MIL and SIL may have to revise soon due to the band causing esophogeal erosion. They plan to go back to him too. My MIL has sent many of her friends to him and none have had any complaints other than it being a different country - things are just "different". The hospitals he uses are ultra-clean. Have you already booked a date with him?
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

ajohnson01
on 5/29/11 5:25 am
I also am interested in the VSG with Dr. Verboonen. Did you have your surgery done in TJ? And how was your recovery time. I live a very busy life and have very little down time. Any info would be greatly appreciated at this point.
I am getting ready to book this coming week and I am down to 2 dr.s!
Thanks for your help.
snowbaby
on 5/29/11 5:47 am - Durango, CO
Hi, actually I  am in TJ right now. My husband just had his surgery yesterday. Dr. V is an excellent choice if you are thinking of going with him. He is a bit shy but is very nice and very consciencious. He has even done vsg surgery on one of his partners and also his wife - the partner visited us last night and said he feels fantastic. His wife looks fabulous. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I will be here until Tuesday.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 11:39 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Dr V's name was given to me by a friend. I'm doing some research for another friend and I am trying to find some info on DR V. Can you tell me about the process from the time you called his office through now please ? ( your DH experience ) and does he have a website ?
snowbaby
on 6/9/11 12:00 pm - Durango, CO
Well, with insurance not involved there isn't much to it - just call them up, get a quote and schedule a date.

Once we scheduled a date, we arranged flights and emailed the itinerary to the clinic. They picked us up at the airport and took us to Dr. V's clinic where pre-op tests were done. Once all that was okay'd we went to INT Hospital for surgery. We arrived on a Saturday, surgery was done the same day, 2 nights in the hospital, the last night in an upscale hotel - then home.

The best person to talk to is his assistant Sheri. Here is her email address: [email protected] 

Here is his website: http://www.obesitygoodbye.com/index.html

I'm assuming your friend is interested in a VSG? I don't think Dr. V recommends the band anymore....of course he'll do it if someone really wants it but from what I understand he is not in favor of it.
      Sue 

Bichon Mom2 Oval Sticker

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 1:14 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Yes she is interested in the sleeve. I was sleeved two weeks ago and wouldn't recommend the band to a corpse. How much does he charge for a VSG ?
newmeki
on 7/13/11 1:16 am - Saudi Arabia
I had my VSG done by Dr V in Cancun and I truly had an absolutely wonderful experience.  From the initial contact with Sheri to arriving in Cancun after a very long flight, everything was great and I had absolutely no problems.  The hospital in Cancun was cleaner than most  I have seen in the US. The care while in hospital was phenomenal. No nurse calls where an unknown voice comes over a speaker for you to shout out your needs to everyone around the desk and then wait expectantly for someone to actually come to access your needs. At one point, I actually asked my nurse if she was just standing outside the door waiting for me to call....lol!  Dr V was very attentive and asnswered every single one of my questions, and since I am a health care professional, I had alot of questions. The OR staff was very professional and took very good care of me. I have a tendency to bottom out my blood pressure with anesthesia, which I made them aware of and in recovery they were prepared with extra fluids to take care of that problem.
I really had a great experience with Dr V and the staff at Galenia Hospital in Cancun.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views