New to OH. Want to get sleeved by Dr Ramos-Kelly, HELP!!

wls_guru
on 5/2/11 1:24 pm - Canada
MeSkinny8
on 6/19/11 12:56 pm
VSG on 11/21/12
Interesting post about Dr. Kelly.  I am self pay and just starting to look into WLS and wondered what the turn around for Dr. Kelly or any other WLS are?  Did the original poster have WLS yet?
Lynaa4life
on 6/20/11 10:31 pm - OH
No I haven't had the surgery yet. I had to move my surgery date to August due to vacation scheduled by one of the primary nurses caring for my son.....I have everything set through, as far as payment :) Signed up for flex spend account and just received my cards in the mail last weekend. It was a scary feeling because now I know that there is truely nothing in my way from having this surgery :) I will keep everyone here on OH informed as I go along in this process.....
Sunny702
on 7/29/11 6:37 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am seriously considering Dr. Kelly also. I've read a lot of great reviews on this site and other forums on the internet. I called his office this morning and was emailed some information. I'm currently waiting on a call back from Trish. I hope to schedule my surgery for next month! Sooooo flippin EXCITED!!! 
Lynaa4life
on 7/29/11 6:45 am - OH
Sunny702...Thats great!!! It's been awhile since I posted but I thought I should let everyone know where I was at in this crazy process. I actually decided against Dr. Kelly at the last minute.....I am instead flying to San Diego on 8/7 to have surgery by Dr. Almanza in Tijuana on 8/8. I'm pretty scared right now, I won't lie, but I have been wanting this for soooo long I'm sure other posters can second that comment
Sunny702
on 7/29/11 9:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
What made you switch Dr's at last minute?
Chelan
on 4/14/14 1:34 pm - Canada

Why did you switch?   I am too afraid to go to dr Almanza

CCarlton
on 11/9/13 5:59 am

To anyone contemplating weigh loss surgery. I want to say that I had Gastric Sleeve surgery with Jaime Ricardo Rams Kelly, M.D.  in Tijuana.  I must say that every aspect of every detail was handled by his staff to my great satisfaction. From the very beginning when I sent an email on a Sunday and received a response within a very short period of time till.  Lora Lee always responded quickly to any questions I had.  I arrived  in San Diego, Ca. on Monday, Oct 28, 2013 from Texas around 1:30 pm and was met by the sweetest lady named Marcy.  She put me right at ease and saw that everything went very smoothly.  She was caring and easy to talk with.  I had the surgery that evening around 6 pm after having blood work, EKG and chest xrays.  I met with a cardiologist that read the EKG and asked a lot of questions, listened to my heart.  I felt I was in good hands.  Dr. Kelly came by with his wife and spoke with me to put me at ease as well and to answer any questions.  I had the surgery and stayed in the hospital for 2 days.  Then I was taken by Marcy for a leak test with Dr. Kelly and on to the very nice Hotel Lucerna for two days there in Tijuana.  Marcy came by several times to check on me and so did Dr. Kelly and his wife.  On Friday, Marcy came and picked me up and drove me to the airport.  In less than 2 weeks I have lost over 20 pounds. Marcy called me yesterday to see how I was doing and if I needed anything.  I could not be happier.  The price is so much more reasonable and I feel I received better care than I have at hospitals here in the USA.   Thank you Dr. Kelly and thank you to your wonderful staff.  C Carlton from Texas

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views