Gastric Sleeve--How Much...?

TinyAppleDeer
on 4/14/11 12:04 am, edited 4/13/11 11:50 pm - Vacaville, CA
I was wondering what is the rough estimate I could be looking at for gastric sleeve with either Dr. Alvarez, Dr. Joya, or Dr. Aceves?

also did you take out loands to pay? or did you have it saved up when you got yours?

Thanks in advance...
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 1:49 am
Hello,

(From the quotes I was given in February)

Alvarez-8,900.00-W/O Air
Joya-10,000.00-With Room and Air
Aceves-9,500 W/O Air

As for payment, I looked into loans and after getting told my rate would 14.99% with my perfect credit score I have decided to pay for it after saving.  I know this is not a option for some but you may want to check out the Insurance and Financing Borad for some info.  They were very helpful with different ways to pay for surgery.

Good luck with your desicion from what I hear on these post they are all great Doctors. 

Jen
Heather T.
on 4/14/11 4:47 am
I was quoted the same prices as Jen (also in Feb). 

I decided to pay for my surgery out of pocket without loans.  The interest rate was more than I would have liked and I didn't want the payments--so I saved.   I have read that many people do take out the medical loans to pay for their sleeve and they might be able to answer better about that option.  I do know that some places have a discount for 'cash' paying customers and do charge a percentage more for a 'financed' customer.  So that might be something to take in to consideration as well.

Good luck!

Heather
TinyAppleDeer
on 4/14/11 9:05 am - Vacaville, CA
Jennifer, Heather -- I saw that you two got sleeved by Dr. Ramos Kelly... I was looking at him too... his website had one price (9,500) and then alighterme.com (5,300) has another... if it isn't being to nosey, what did you pay for yours?
Kimmes
on 4/14/11 11:16 am
 I was sleeved by Dr Kelly and paid $5300 - I worked with Trish his personal assistant in TJ - I did not work with a middle man or US coordiantor - You can get the sleeve with Dr Kelly for $5300 - I am so happy I did it - I had an amazing experience!

Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

syarbroG-5
on 4/22/11 9:20 am
Hey Ladies I am just inquiring.    Good Evening.  Maybe you ladies can answer my questions.  I live in Mississippi. I have Tricare for insurance. I am being told that Tricare does not cover the sleeve unless it is done on a military base. Meaning for me I would probaly have to travel/fly to another state.  My problem/question would be. What about  follow up care. After I get home and back to my city. There are Bariatric hospitals and clinics here. But! If I decide to get the sleeve I might have to go out of  town. How will I get proper care afterwards. I currently am trying to get the RNY. But I am seriously considering the sleeve. All info is helpful .   Thanks 
Heather T.
on 4/14/11 11:48 am
Not nosey at all.

I am paying 5300 plus the cost of my airline ticket from the midwest to San Diego which was around 300.  I haven't been sleeved yet (May 24th) but I have done lots of reading on lots of doctors and there are lots of good doctors. I am confident in my decision.

When are you looking at getting sleeved?
baydoll
on 4/14/11 10:32 am - Ottawa, Canada
$6950 with Dr. Casteneda in Puerto Vallarta through medicaltourismco.com. Small private hospital, great care!! I was fortunate enough to be able to pay without loans. Best money I ever spent! Good luck
TinyAppleDeer
on 4/14/11 12:49 pm - Vacaville, CA
Does anyone have an Email address I can get in touch with Trish?

I don't know when I want to be sleeved but right now I'm just researching Surgeons and gathering prices.
Heather T.
on 4/14/11 9:09 pm
I am sorry that I do not have Trish's e-mail address. I booked my surgery through Sandy through alighterme.com  at [email protected]  Sandy answered my questions regarding Dr. Kelly and all the process.  I am sure that someone else would have Trish's e-mail.  Sorry I couldn't be much help on this one.  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views