Protein Shakes

Heather T.
on 4/11/11 9:48 am
Oh my, we do have a lot in common---it is a small world!! I am sooo excited to be almost done with my RN.  This year has dragged by (so it seemed at the time) and now I can't believe I only have a little over a month left! My 11 year old is a boy as well!  My 13 year old is a girl and my 9 year old is a boy.  I don't have a boyfriend so there is something different!  lol.  What exactly does a private scrub for an all girl Gyne do?

Hope you had a great day! It is another b-e-a-u-tiful day. (heard the weekend is supposed to be crummy)
KIMMYEGG
on 4/11/11 1:07 pm - DES MOINES, IA
 I loved loved loved the banana Chike!! Vanilla unjury good too!! A private scrub(official title CRNFA) follows the Drs in my group around dSM to different hospitals and surgery ctrs and assist them with all surgeries, hysterectomies, robotic procedures, laparoscopic procedures. I assist them, suture, staple ect..I also help with in office procedures like ESSURE and THERMACHOICE. I also precertify all surgeries and I am the primary surgery scheduler for my 6 Drs...WDM OBGYN..My BF is an Gynecologist with The Iowa Clinic...We so have to keep in touch heather!! Thats my sisters name too BTW!!! TTYL!
Kimmy..xoxo             
Heather T.
on 4/11/11 10:35 pm
Oh, wow, sounds like you get to stay busy with your job.  And with being able to move around to different hospitals there is a bit of a change of scenery!  I think that it is great that your boyfriend and yourself are both in health care, well, actually both in gyne. How long have you worked that field? I am having trouble picking out what field in nursing that I would want to work, at least which field that I like the most. 

I am excited about the new flavors of protein shakes. What do you mix yours with?

Oh, another coincidence that your sister and I share the same name!  I agree we will have to keep in touch. In fact I do come to Des Moines frequently. Maybe one time we can meet.  Of course only if you would want to.  I am planning on moving up there in the future (after graduation, healing, and selling my house). 

Have a good day!
KIMMYEGG
on 4/12/11 12:25 am - DES MOINES, IA
 Hello!

I started in labor n Delivery @ Mercy, worked there for 9 yrs or so, and then WDM OBGYN scooped me up in 08, so 3 yrs with them...I love womens health! You will find your niche...Mercy and methodist are both always hiring..What did you like in your clinicals? Yes! Lets do get together for coffee or something!! I mix my protein w skim milk or put unjury unflavored in sf koolaid or G2..yummy..I dont really like it mixed in H2o, but that may change after surgery, they say your taste changes..Im going to friend you, then we can chat privately...Have a great day too!!
Kimmy..xoxo             
Heather T.
on 4/12/11 12:44 pm
Yes, I am sure that I will find my field.  I do know that I will be taking a class at Kaplan after I graduate to get my forensic nursing degree.  As for clinicals I have really enjoyed PACU, One Day Surgery, Mental Health, Community Health, I am nervous about OB----I love babies but I don't feel as I have the skill set to actually take care of them in a critical situation.  Need some experience before I would do that. 

I am excited to get my samples so I can find which ones that I like!  Beings you are going to a different doctor than I am for the surgery I am curious is your preop the same as mine?  2 weeks of protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and than 3 days post op laxative and all liquid diet?  Your surgery day is right around the corner!!  How long do you stay post op?  I will be staying 2 days at the hospital and two days at hotel.   It is funny but I am honestly getting more excited for my surgery than I am for graduation.  LOL

Have a great night. 
Heather T.
on 4/11/11 12:54 pm
I ordered unjury and chike samples today. I am excited to try the chicken broth flavored.  It will be good for pre op and post up diet!  Thank you for the suggestions.  The reviews that they had are great! I am excited!
Kimmes
on 4/9/11 11:32 pm
I use Jay Robb protein....love the vanilla and chocolate. I add some greek yogurt to up the protein and also a handful of frozen fruit...mmmm

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Heather T.
on 4/10/11 1:56 am
Thank you!  Where do you get Jay Robb protein?  Is it sold in a store or online?  I think that mixing the protein with greek yogurt and frozen fruit makes it yummy!

Thank you!
Kimmes
on 4/10/11 4:24 am
 I get my Jay Robb at either GNC or The Vitamins Shoppe - I love the taste and texture!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Heather T.
on 4/10/11 9:18 am
There is a GNC in town so I will have to go and check it out. Thank you!  Anything that will help get my protein in as I don't eat much meat.  I am starting to add it a little in my diet each day as I know the importance that it brings. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views