HELP ME

SEXYBBW86
on 3/31/11 4:07 am

i had sugery march 2nd i got the dualon switch and i was looseing weight and now it just stop please someone please tell me wat am doing  wrong i feel like am failing this and i dont want to mess this up i paid for this out of my own pocket and i want to loose the weight.......... and how to get my mind off food any ideas plaes someone HELP ME

Emily F.
on 4/1/11 10:25 am
You mean you stopped losing weight?? That is very common. The hospital filled you up with fluids through your IV so it causes you to gain water weight. You will eventually pee it out over the next month. Just focus on sip sip sipping. You need to stay hydrated.
emeraldskye
on 4/4/11 3:34 am - Vancouver, Canada
How much weight have you lost?  It's unrealistic to expect to lose weight every day.  Look up weight loss stalls and you will find lots of info.
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
Larissa P.
on 4/10/11 4:41 am - Denton, TX
What diet plan and vitamin plan are you following?
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Katie K.
on 4/10/11 11:18 am - Grand Haven, MI
Dualon Switch??? What the heck is that???
Do some research about what was just rearranged in your body sister.... It is kind of important..
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

alusrU
on 4/12/11 8:10 pm, edited 4/12/11 8:10 pm
Wow, that's a bit harsh, if you're going to criticize at least make it constructive. SMH
Katie K.
on 4/13/11 10:20 am - Grand Haven, MI
It was meant to be har**** is a do or die situation.. are you familiar with the DS? Do you know what can happen if you miss even 5 days worth of vitamins?

I meant to scare her.. she should be worried if she has a Surgeon that did not bother to educate her on what the name of her surgery was.. or that fact that she did not bother to research it herself to know what it is called.. there really should be an IQ test for these sorts of things... my lord.
"Nobody will fault you for trying" - My mother
Seminar: 1/8/2011. Initial Appt: 1/27/2011. Behaviorist: 1/31.2011. Surgeon 1/31/2011
Sleep Study: 2/7/2011.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

alusrU
on 4/14/11 12:41 pm
Okay, I see where you're coming from (tough love,kind of approach) I getcha!
liebaby
on 4/10/11 12:10 pm
Hi, Ashley, this is Liette we both had surgery with Dr. Almanza, I was the day after you.  I'm not sure how much research you've done since your surgery but something important that I learned right away was that Dr. Almanza's vitamin recommendations are WAAAAAY off base.  Having had the duodenal switch, we need significantly more supplementation - I found really great information on the DS forum and vitalady.com.

I wouldn't worry so much about what the scale says, you will keep losing.  It just takes time - make sure you're staying hydrated and working on building up your protein intake and it will all work out.

SEXYBBW86
on 4/14/11 5:12 pm
k thank you so may i ask wat kind of vitamens do u r takeing and what else have u found out bout the ds
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views