Shoe string budget

oyekan
on 3/30/11 10:47 pm
Guy's is it possible for me to be sleeved by a reputable surgeon and the cost be under or near $7000?? This is about all the money i can come up with. I appreciate all advice and answers.. 

Nikk
Jeni_In_Sarasota
on 3/31/11 8:27 am - Sarasota, FL
My surgeon was Dr.Ramos Kelly in Tijuana. The cost was $5,500.00. This included everything except airfare. I had a wonderful experience and he is an excellent Dr. You will also find a lot more of his patients on here. Goodluck and feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Kimmes
on 3/31/11 9:52 pm
I second Jeni - I too used Dr Kelly and had an amazing experience and no complications. Send me a message if you want any details or inforamtion.

By the way Jeni - you are doing great!

Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

oyekan
on 4/4/11 10:35 pm
Good morning Kimmes  : )

I don't mean to pester you... But i hear of others going to the store and buying items that are needed after surgery ( while in Mexico)  What do you need to buy and are you in a great deal of pain while shopping since you're only days post-op? 

Thanks
oyekan
on 4/1/11 7:12 am
Thanks for the help ladies...  : )   He and Dr. Pompa were one of the Surgeons i was considering.. but on Dr.Kellys page.. It List the price as $9,500 I believe   ..  That's out of reach for me **sighs** .  What gets me the most is .. I won't be able to be sleeved until the end of this year and im more than sure the prices would have gone up by then... But Hell or high water, I will be sleeved! My health and family are depend on it.
twinsand1
on 4/1/11 12:16 pm - SC
Check www.alighterme.com.. it is Dr. Kelly and that is were the price is better...
oyekan
on 4/3/11 2:12 am
Oh, really? That boogles my mind.. Same surgeon, same procedure but different prices..  lol....     Thank you for the info  Twinsand1.
Kimmes
on 4/1/11 10:50 pm
Or call Trish his personal coordinator in TJ directly and she can take care of you and be there for you on the ground in TJ before and after surgery....she is awesome.

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

gottago
on 4/2/11 9:02 am
I agree with twins, alighterme has better prices.  They also have a new aftercare program with another doctor that follows your diet for you.   I think Dr. Kelly is a good doctor.  
walmartian
on 4/4/11 10:12 am, edited 4/4/11 10:12 am
I think the expensive price you saw must have been for a revision, where they take out a lap band and do the sleeve surgery. Call Trish at Dr Kelly's office!  I was told the regular price was $5500 but I got a 'special' they were doing for $5300. I very highly reccommend Dr Kelly and his staff, by the way! I did pay $44 extra to stay in a nicer hotel, but that's not  required.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views