Working on revision from band to sleeve asap

sadsailor
on 3/26/11 11:39 am - san diego, CA
DS on 07/31/15
I have had my band for a year and I have not lost a pouund of it. I am in the military and my career is in jeopardy right now. I have to take my leave asap to correct this. I was planning on getting a revision in dec after i return from Iraq but now instead of coming home to enjoying my leave. I will be getting my revision hopefully

I have been talking to Dr. Alberto Aceves office and currently working on a surgery day and pricing. I will be paying out of pocket so this is very stressful on me but i have served 12 yrs now and refuse to be kicked out because of my weight.

I cannot wait till this is over for me

hollykim
on 3/26/11 1:18 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Wishing you the best aaaand hang in there. thanks for your service.
Holly

sadsailor
on 3/27/11 12:03 am - san diego, CA
DS on 07/31/15
Thank You Holly for the wishes. I am praying it all goes well because i have only two weeks of leave time.
greenolive
on 3/26/11 10:02 pm
You will love the sleeve after living the band nightmare.  I have never looked back!  You will also love Dr. Aceves.  He and Dr. Campos were awesome.

I just want to thank you for your service to our country.  I pray for each and every one of you every day.  Please know that my family and I appreciate everything you all do.

God speed.
sadsailor
on 3/27/11 12:06 am, edited 3/27/11 12:08 am - san diego, CA
DS on 07/31/15
I really pray the sleeve aids me in loosing these unwanted pounds. I have not met Dr. Aceves but I somehow have a warm fussy feeling. My scheduled date for my sleeve is 4/8/10. I am really looking forward. Thank God I don't have to do any pre-op diet

hollykim
on 3/27/11 11:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Please keep us posted on your recovery post op. I was blessed that I had little to no pain even immediately post op. At two weeks out I was doing great and tolerating all my fluids and meals. I was tired some then esp in the afternoons but that is not uncommon for any surgery recovery.

Good luck,
h

Emily F.
on 3/29/11 2:28 am
I was under the impression you couldn't have wls and be in the military? Is that just rny and ds?
sadsailor
on 3/29/11 5:11 pm - san diego, CA
DS on 07/31/15
In actuality, you are not suppose to alter your body therefore they will not pay for it. However if you are paying out of your pocket and your chain of command is aware of it, it is not a problem

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views