Finally made my decision!

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/11 9:56 am

Thanks to everyones help on answering all of my many question and concerns. I would still being very confussed if I had not had all of you posting your pre and post op information and comments. 

I have finally made my decision and I have deceided to go with Dr. Kelly as my surgeon!  I'm hoping to hear back from Sandy soon regarding a request of a June Date for Surgery.  Is there anyone else who is going in June as I'm hoping to find a sleeve buddy?

Jen

hollykim
on 3/19/11 12:51 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Congrats! You are about to start the very best journey you have ever been on!
Keep us posted!
Holly

Kimmes
on 3/20/11 8:39 pm
Congrats on your decision and I must add - a fine choice!!! I used Dr Kelly too and had an amazing experience! Let me know if I can help you in any way!!! Have you talked directly with Dr Kelly or Trish his personal assistant? They are amazing. I worked directly through Trish not one of his coordinators here in the US and had excellent service and a wonderful experience.

Best wishes on your journey! For me this was the best thing I have ever done for myself! Only regret is that I did not do it sooner!

Kim

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/21/11 3:53 am
Hi Kim, 

Thanks for your post.  I have been going through Sandy and have not spoken to Dr. Kelly.  She has been very helpful in answering all my many questions.  Thanks will be posting along the way!

Jen
Heather T.
on 3/22/11 8:07 am
Hi!

I am been talking to Sandy as well about going to have surgery at their facility in June.  I haven't made all decisions on everything but was leaning towards Dr. Kelly as well.  I am hoping that there is a early June appointment available.  What part of June are you going?  It would be nice to have a sleeve buddy! 

Heather
walmartian
on 3/25/11 2:14 pm
I just had my sleeve done by Dr Kelly 8 days ago, and could not be happier. From what I saw, some of the more expensive surgeons use fancier hospitals and give out huge gift baskets, but come on. That's not what this is about. I loved Dr kelly; he spent well over an hour with me beforew the surgery and visited for quite a while the day before I got out, and I was very impressed. Trish is great too; you will meet her while you are there. I have to say, I had to call Sandy repeatedly on more than one occasion when the time got close and I hadn't recieved information yet, and when my final payment was about to be overdue; I think I would recommend anyone who hasn't started yet go right to Dr Kelly's website and work with Trish who seemed much more on top of her game to me. Either way, the experience was great. The first day, my back was sore and my side hurt some, and my throat was dry/sore, but by day 2, everything was good and I walked all over the place. After that, I can truthfully say I didn't even need the painkiller, and I probably did way too much walking while down there.
My sister who is a nurse went with me, and was impressed with the quality of nursing , and the care I got. Only a couple of people there do not speak much English, but that didn't bother me at all. The facility is fine as well, and I would very strongly reccommend Dr Kelly.
Heather T.
on 4/3/11 5:23 am
Jen---I ended up booking May 24th with Dr. Kelly. I had a friend that was able to go that week as they are on break from college.  I wasn't going to turn down the chance to have someone attend with me.  Our surgery dates may even still overlap!  Did you pick out a specific date yet?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views