Plastics with Dr. Quiroz in TJ??

thebells1919
on 3/9/11 12:33 am
Hi there...I am looking for people who have or are going to have PS with Dr. Alejandro Quiroz of COSMED Clinic in TJ. Please share your date and/or your experience. I have read both the good and the not so good, while keeping in mind that the Dr.'s are not magicians and everyone is built different.
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/11 7:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
I had a lower body lift, hernia repair and thigh lipo in Nov, 2007. Did well with it, I was happy, but he left stitches in that still bother me under the skin.

I had an arm & breast lift with implants in April, 2008 and he did a terrible job. I have dog ears, my breasts are somewhat lopsided, and he didn't address the side skin (bra line overhang) after assuring me he would.

There are people on here who have had really bad medical issues. Janel B. almost died because she wasn't transferred to a hospital after complications arose. Gracies was left with a horribly botched breast job, with a big lump of skin between her breasts. Another woman, whose name I don't remember, has deleted her posts but she did go to another surgeon to have everything corrected.

There are a lot  of awful stories over on PS Journeys. Now, every time one of us points this out, a cosmed cheerleader comes in and posts how wonderful he is. You'll be able to tell, they have barely any posts and speak in a stilted, business-like manner.

Why not go to Sauceda? He has a big following on here and I haven't heard any horror stories.
thebells1919
on 3/23/11 7:37 pm

Hi- I really appreciate your response and I am sorry that you did not get the results that you were looking for. regarding the bra line overhang...maybe you would have benefited from an upper body lift...that would have addressed that area. An arm lift usually does not address the bra line area. I guess I could be considered a CosMed cheerleader, because thus far, I could not be happier. In addition, I just sined up to this site as well as makemeheal...not long ago. I am a real person and NOT employeed nor was I asked to come post by CosMed. Infact, if anyone is planning to go to CosMed, I woulld be happy to share my experience with you...via email or phone...just send me a message. Best wishes!

bbarnhart
on 3/18/11 10:30 pm - Okeechobee, FL
I had a very positive experience on January 19th.  Dr. Quiroz did a lower body lift, inner thigh lift and breast augmentation.  I feel and look wonderful.  In my opinion you could not make a better choice.  The staff at Cosmed are wonderful and very professional and Dr. Quiroz himself is an amazing person and well as a extremely skilled surgeon,   Please let me know what you decide.
bbarnhart
thebells1919
on 3/19/11 6:26 am

Thank you for replying to my post. when i posted i was already scheduled with dr. quiroz for march 15th. i was having all sorts of pre-op jidders, feelings of guilt in regards to my children due to the fact that this is all elective surgery ect. i was never able to get an account set up at ps journey...probably a good thing. i did create and utilize an account on makemeheal.com. i engaged in chats for about a week and then decided that i was making myslf crazy and more worried. i am now recovering in tj at an after care facility. sugery wise...all went well...results are yet  to be determined due to the fact that i am only a few days post op and can not give an honest opinion yet. thus far i think i am looking a whole hell of a lot better than i was pre op body wise. time will tell all. the lady in the next room is from ny and she had a lbl with dr. q and seems happy thus far as well. i will keep u all posted. again...thxs for the replies. i am responding via smart phone so please excuse any typos.

bbarnhart
on 3/19/11 8:01 am - Okeechobee, FL
I am so glad that you had your surgery and you are doing well.  I believe that I talked to the girl from NY.  She called me about 3 weeks ago to ask about my experience.  When you see Dr. Quiroz, please tell him hello for me.  My name is Becky and I am from Florida.  When you talk to the girl from NY ask her if she called me and tell her hello also.
I certainly understand how you feel about now?  Whick aftercare are you at?  If you are at Cala De Lilas, please tell them hello for me also.  Here are my best wishes for a speedy recovery. 
bbarnhart
thebells1919
on 3/23/11 7:23 pm
Hi Becky- I am at Lilas House and Antonio does remember you. He told me to tell you hello as well. I did talk to my neighbor "NY" and she is not the same lady that you spoke with. I just wanted to update you and let you know that I am doing great and I too am extremely happy with Dr. Quiroz and my whole experience in TJ. My neighbor here at Lilas House is very happy as well. She had an lbl, lipo and fg. I went for my second post op today and I can't believe how much you can heal in 8 days. Don't get me wrong (as you know) I am still sore, but that is to be expected. I also want to comment on how much more confident I already feel, even with a million stitches! That became apparent to me today when Dr. Q walked into the exam room! ; ) Thank you for the well wishes! I will talk to you soon. Dori
bbarnhart
on 3/24/11 1:54 am - Okeechobee, FL
Good Morning Dori,

I am glad you are doing well.  You will feel better and better each day.  I am sooo very happy for you.  I know how much the surgery and the results boosted my self confidence and my self esteem.  We are truly fortunate to have found such a wonderful and caring doctor.  I hope that we can keep in touch even after you recover.  It is nice to have someone to share the experience with.  My friends here are all happy for me, but they have no idea what this experience can do for you as an individual, both inside and the outside that everyone sees.  Take care and I am looking forward to hearing how you are doing.  Becky
bbarnhart
mooka55
on 3/29/11 9:11 pm - Pittston, PA
Hi, I'm 6 years post op from DS surgery, and am looking into plastic's. Could you tell me how much your ps surgery cost, as I want to get the same procedures. Thanks,......Louise
bbarnhart
on 3/30/11 7:48 am - Okeechobee, FL

Hi Louise, I answered you in a message, check your inbox.  Have a wonderful afternoon.  Becky

bbarnhart
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views