Dr. Ramos Kelly April 18

twinsand1
on 2/21/11 6:40 am - SC
Anyone going to Dr. Kelly April 18? I will flying into San Diego on April 17th and surgery on 18th..

Angela
08/2006 lapband (Dr. de la garza Mexico)282 lbs
09/2008 emergency band removal (Dr. Givens, SC)132lbs
currently weigh 298 lbs
Sleeved 07/13/2011 Ramos Kelly

Donna G.
on 3/14/11 8:38 pm - Olathe, KS
I had my surgery with Dr. Kelly on March 17. I didn't need any fluids in hospital. I could only have ice chips until my leak test and went to the hotel after it. The hotel had what I needed which was only water and juice.

I literally had no pain but I would suggest that if you need more than Tylenol for pain you take your own. Mexican doctors are not known for using narcotics.

Hope this helps

Donna          

Jeni_In_Sarasota
on 3/17/11 4:18 am - Sarasota, FL
I had surgery with Dr.Kelly on November 8th. I had a wonderful experience and recieved better care at INT then I would here in the states. Trish provided everything for me and was always there. I couldnt ask for anything more. You are in excellent hands.

nefit3
on 3/20/11 11:49 pm
I'm just about ready to put my deposit down and go on April 27th. It sounds like wanttobeslim's experience was completely isolated and that Dr. Kelly had some type of emergency occur while she and a few others were there so he had to leave. This may be the reason that Trish was thrown into a tailspin, especially since it sounds like Dr. Kelly's son is usually everyone's driver but may have also been called away. Also, I've ready further clarification from this poster on another board and she DID have food at the hospital; it was once she got to the hotel that she needed to purchase nourishment. From what I understand, this is not typical, but again, it sounds like the week she was there, things were not typical.
walmartian
on 3/27/11 6:46 am, edited 3/27/11 6:48 am
Actually, after you leave the hospital, you do have to pay for your own food, etc if you actually want o go into a restaurant for your broth which is all you can have. I knew it ahead of time and didn't really care; boullion cubes are cheap and you can't have other food. The office does send a couple of Gatorades and water bottles, and when Trish came by I gave her $5 to get me some more Gatorade and jello in case I felt hungry--har, har, the jello ended up with my sister eating a couple, I didn't even want it. I did drink one bottle of the 'extra' Gatorade. Trust me; this is a non-issue, unless your companion is thinking they will be fed free at the hotel. But the restaurants in the hotel are inexpensive, so unless they are guilt-free enough to be eating huge meals in front of you, then it's not a big deal.

I found all of the hospital staff to be toip notch, the hospital is fine and didn't seem 'old' to me, just not as fancy as American ones are these days, The ONLY thing I saw wrong, and ot a big deal to me at all, the grout on the bathroom floor could stand deep cleaning (I'm sure it's disinfected regularly, however, it's just pretty stained).

I LOVED the experience and have zero complaints about anything that happened while I was there. Read Dr Kelly's reviews and you will see that the poster complaining here is also the ONLY bad review--go figure.

HOWDY--Donna G, you  must be the one who was getting your sleeve right ahead of me. I hope you are feeling as good as I am! Oh, and we did have pain meds in our IV's; maybe they had enough effect that you didn't notice when they told you, teehee. They just use (I forget the name) which my sister who is a nurse says works really good and doesn't maqke you groggy. It must have for me because except for my back hurting after I woke up, from laying on it so long, I had no pain either.
wanttobeslim
on 3/8/11 12:43 am - TX
please be prepared i went on 2-18-2011 and was told my broth,gatoraid ,ect was going to be provided and it was not and had to walk to the store from the hotel and get my own. Dr.Kelly is nice and the hospital is kind of old but very clean . I was not prepared for how much Trish couldnt get it together so be careful
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views