Airplane Seats??????

gabriella12
on 2/15/11 12:48 am
I am having my VSG done Mar 24th in Juarez and am Flying in to El Paso, TX.  So far the cheapest airline has been Delta but I am scared I wont be able to fit in the seats. Buying a 3rd seat is really out of my budget but  I am flying in with my mom and we are both pretty heavy.  Anyone had trouble with this?  Has anyone flown Delta before that can tell me how small their seats are?
wlsurgeryorbust
on 2/15/11 3:58 am - Raleigh, NC
I just got back from Mexico last week and also flew Delta. I must say, the seats are kind of small- that is the first thing I said when I got on the plane. It worked out for me because although I take up a little over a seat, my mom is slender so I just spilled over into hers. Unfortunately, you may want to consider buying another seat but if the plane is not crowded, maybe not.
gabriella12
on 2/15/11 5:13 am
Thanks for the info.  How did it go in Mexico?  What procedure did you have done?
Emily F.
on 2/15/11 8:59 am
They are small. I would call ahead and ask if its a full flight. If its semi full you can move seats around and get a seat empty by yourself. I'm sorry, I know its uncomfortable and embarrassing but just think this is the last time you will have to do this!!! The lady beside me on the flight back moved bc I was spilling over on her. I felt horrible, but at least she could move bc there was a seat. I dont' have to worry about that in the least now!
gabriella12
on 2/15/11 11:46 am
WOW!!! YOU PICS ARE AMAZING!!!  How much weight have you lost in total now?   did you have to remove excess skin?  I think that I am confident about getting the surgery done but I am scared about haveing excess skin afterwards.  Although I know that the important thing is to be healthy above all.
Emily F.
on 2/16/11 7:58 am
On February 15, 2011 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, gabriella12 wrote:
WOW!!! YOU PICS ARE AMAZING!!!  How much weight have you lost in total now?   did you have to remove excess skin?  I think that I am confident about getting the surgery done but I am scared about haveing excess skin afterwards.  Although I know that the important thing is to be healthy above all.
 117 lbs in 10 months. Thanks. I have one more pic to put up since I went down a size. The skin is worse than I expected, but I'll take it over the 117 lb anyday! I guess I just didn't realize how big my legs were. Apparently they were very stretched! They look like melted elephant legs, but oh well. I'll save up for plastics otherwise I'm a happy camper! So its no big deal to me. I think I look good in clothes and hubby's not complaining when they are off, so I think its all good. lol. 
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Jeni_In_Sarasota
on 3/17/11 4:25 am - Sarasota, FL
I flew delta at 334lbs and I am 6foot. I did need a seat belt extender but other than that I was fine. I had soooo much anxiety before I got on. I hadnt been on a plane in ages because of the fact. Dont worry about it you will be fine. Take care and good luck! :)

gman02
on 3/1/11 4:25 am
Wife n I flew Delta She was 352  size 36 dress she fit just ask for a seat belt extension they'll bring u one
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views