Dr. Almanza

43rosebud
on 1/28/11 11:59 pm - TX
I know there are some people on here who aren't big fans of Dr. Almanza and that's ok. I want to post this from first hand experience. I had VSG with him on 1/24/11. My experience was just fine. (i mean no surgery is fun) Anyway, yes the clinic is across from the Love Boutique. Yes Tijuana is not the prettiest place in the world. The lab where I gave blood was very clean and no different than a lab here, as far as service. The Jerusalem Clinic was super clean all the time. Everyone was real nice and always wanting to help.
Surgery went off without a hitch, seemed no different than when I had surgery here as far as procedures, all the same. Recovery house is nice, it is in a gated community on a hill. Everyone spoke English.
My recovery is going great, other than I went back to work today and I'm feeling lightheaded. No pain whatsoever(surprising).

Of course I can't really speak for the long term but I experienced nothing wrong with my trip or the service I received. I would definitely say it is safe to go there and would not hesitate to reccommend him.

If anyone wants more specifics let me know. (just not in the mood to type anymore right now)

downsouthsweetie
on 1/29/11 9:09 am
What about your sleeve buddy? Can I get a line in the review J/K. I need to do my review before I forget it all.....yeah right! I'm about to pm you about the dizzyness.
hollykim
on 1/29/11 9:20 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Welcome to the bench! glad you had a great experience. Are you getting all your fluids in? Dehydration can make you lightheaded.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Holly

jenni80
on 1/30/11 12:24 pm
Welcome to the losers bench hon.    Try and get part of a protien shake in and lots of fluids.  Congrats to you!!

Jeanette  

mamiej
on 1/31/11 3:01 am - brighton, TN
congrats on your recent surgery! I am glad that you had a good experience. I used the same doctor and was also well pleased.

nbrett
on 2/10/11 1:12 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I also had a great expereince with Dr.Almanza. I had my surgery done in Sept. I had no problem what so ever. The staff were excellent and I would have no problem telling anyone to go there.
Nikki
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views