Insurance/Aftercare Issues with Mexico Surgery?

kitticat
on 1/27/11 1:24 am
Hi All,

I'm planning my VSG surgery pretty soon.

I want to know if you had any issues/advice on aftercare here in the US following your Mexico WLS?

Also if you had any issues with your health insurance following your WLS?

I just want to make sure I do and say everything correctly so I don't get any issues with my  health insurance/ PCP provider.

Thanks for weighing in on this :)

kitticat

wanttobeslim
on 1/27/11 2:27 am - TX
My insurance has a restriction for WLS so I get nothing related covered. They do how ever cover blood test to moniter my levels post surgery and I am getting a preop exam here with my family Dr I made sure I had my Dr in it with me I wantedto be sure I had someone to take care of me
Legacylc
on 3/16/11 1:58 pm - Fairfax, VA
 Emily is right. It is the way your doctor codes your procedures. All my labs are coded for maintenance and annual health checkups. The UGI/endoscopy was coded for a preexisting condition. GERD. my Colonoscopy was related to weightloss but it was coded under unexplained IBS.

Now when I went to the ER for nausea and vomiting I dont know how that was coded. but all of it was covered.

My insurance does have a weightloss policy but they wanted me to jump through hoops and the end results would have been denying me anyway. If you have specific questions inbox me.

Take cae

Emily F.
on 1/27/11 9:13 am
You need to code aftercare correctly. For labwork, I code it as malabsorption, I got the codes from vitalady's website.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1835 views