seeking advice on doc

mamiej
on 11/18/10 12:34 am - brighton, TN
I am looking to schedule gastric sleeve or possible plication. I am overwhelmed by all of the ads and varied prices. Can anyone recommend an affordable doc in Mexico? I would like to go to Tijuana because travel to San Diego would be most affordable.
yoyo1
on 11/19/10 7:45 am - Canada
 I had my sleeve done by Dr. Ramos kelly. Very affordable and I had a great experience!!
Good luck on your decision!!

Emily F.
on 11/19/10 8:45 am
I wouldn't go to too many border towns right now in Mexico. Does the plication have any long term studies?? I haven't seen any.

Definitely don't shop by price. You get what you pay for.
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/27/10 11:46 am - Mexico
   I have never ever been an employee of ANY MX surgeon.  You are being bull****ted by a crap coordinator that will tell you anything you want to hear to get cheap surgery.

I have NEVER pushed just one MX surgeon, ask any vet here.  i have offered only good info based on stats and facts for ALL good MX surgeons.

You are an idiot, you are not researching.  You deserve your surgeon.

Someone, please quote me so this girl understands what she is getting herself info.  When one researches MX by price instead of skill, they are risking their lives.

Tell this girl to make her coordinator prove her claims.  It will not happen, they are selling surgery, not truth.

I double dawg anyone to prove me wrong.  ANYONE.  All i want is for people to have safe surgery.  I will prove any CRAP coordinator a liar, anytime any place, anywhere.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
jenni80
on 11/19/10 10:59 pm
Hi hon, i just had surgery by dr.almanza and i am doing wonderful.  there are four woman from canada here who just had the plication.  i think they said they paid around $5000 for it.  i went for the sleeve because i wanted mine permanent.  tijuana is just fine.  nothing scary about it.  you are well taken care of and no danger anywhere.  anyway i researched alot and that really is the best thing you can do and not listen to just one persons opinion on what you should do. 

Jeanette  

bigisbad
on 11/22/10 12:35 am - Canada, Canada
Food for thought.
I live 6 months a year on a border town.
Mexico/USA
Not ALL border towns are scary and run by the drug lords.
Some are worse than others.
Jenni was just in TJ. I have chatted with her.... for ever I think.
She is your best connection for "up to date" info.
Good luck with your surgery!

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 1:19 am - Mexico
On November 22, 2010 at 8:35 AM Pacific Time, bigisbad wrote:
Food for thought.
I live 6 months a year on a border town.
Mexico/USA
Not ALL border towns are scary and run by the drug lords.
Some are worse than others.
Jenni was just in TJ. I have chatted with her.... for ever I think.
She is your best connection for "up to date" info.
Good luck with your surgery!
Food for thought, the best connection for up to date info on the dangers of Tijuana is not someone who was just there for a few days.  The best up to date info is probably the  MX, US, and Canadian gov't taking the time to post warnings on the internet.

Good and safe surgery can be had in MX, just not in TJ or Juarez.

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 1:16 am - Mexico
The two most dangerous cities in MX according to the MX govt, the US gov't, and the Canadian gov't are Tijuana and Juarez. People are murdered there daily.

Don't shop by price, that is the biggest mistake you could make. The bottom feeder surgeons are depending on those who shop by price. Check out those posting about all their complications and the months they spend in the hospital when they get home recovering from butcher jobs. Some do well, many do not. Toss a coin, maybe heads up, maybe not.

mamiej
on 11/26/10 11:47 am - brighton, TN
Thank you for your perspective, although I have already been warned about you being a former employee of one of the mexico surgeons and having an axe to grind. Please get out of my head.

rickie
on 11/27/10 3:34 am - MD
I was going to Dr. Kelly Ramos who also is very good but do to so personal financial issues I was able to find another outstanding Doctor by the name of Dr. Jose Rodridquez and the group he deals with does in house finanancing so it was great for me to go that route if I wanted surgery. I had a revision so the prices regardless of who I called was more than the sleeve alone.

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Rodriquez and his staff. I dont have any regrets going to Mexico and I went by myself. My surgery date was 11/23.

BTW, Mexico was nothing like it was stated by other on the site. So keep an open mind and ask lots of questions.

Rickie

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views