Anyone out there had Gastric Imbrication

mpafford
on 11/17/10 11:54 pm - TX
I had lap band 3-05 and have had a dilation for past 2 yrs.
Looking into the Gastric Imbrication.

My USA surgeon suggested this surgery, and suggested Dr Corvalla in Mexico
Anyone out there know of him?
Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
Boscogirl
on 11/18/10 12:51 am - TX
I have never heard of that but there A LOT of band to sleeve revisions.
                                  Goal in EIGHT months!

Highest/Surgery Weight 248 Goal Weight 165 Current Weight 165-175
                           Starting BMI 33.7 Current BMI 22.1
             I'm 42 years young, my height is 6' and I've had no plastics!
                                          I  my sleeve!!!
bertamae
on 11/20/10 8:36 am - CA
Yes; Dr. Covala did my gastric imbrication on October 20th.   My understanding is that he has done many of these surgeries as well as other weight loss surgeries.  I'm 30 days post-op and so far, no complications.  I get full on very little food.  Dr. Covala has an excellent reputation in bariatric surgeries.  And the hospital he works out of--Hospital Angeles-- is beautiful and modern, etc. 

ew

bertamae

CKnorte
on 11/25/10 12:56 pm - Avila Beach, CA
Had surgery with Dr. Corvala in July.  Wonderful Dr. and Hospital.  No regrets at all....
Carol
Visit my blog: Fat Woman on a Mission

rondavooh
on 11/12/11 2:38 am
I had the gastric imbricaton done two weeks ago. I would like to hear  some of your success stories and advantages and disadvantages of having this procedure are there things that give you problems trying to eat???
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 1:06 am, edited 11/26/10 1:11 am - Mexico
This procedure has no solid long term stats beyond 18 months and those are not great. The chances for reflux are far higher than that of a full sleeve and when this happens, how will you surgically repair it?  You won't. It does not remove Ghrelin and to be honest the surgery is pretty easy to do, it doesn't take a huge amount of skill. So why don't other doctors do it?

Look at the list of doctors that are willing to do that surgery, not a great set of docs IMHO. It's like MGB, that surgery is simply dangerous. So only the bottom feeder surgeons will do it. It is easer to do than full bypass so skill isn't an issue, eithics is key here.  It's all about money and not is what is in the best interest of the patient.

The stomach strestches through the sutures, enlarges, and due to all the scarring and adhesions in your stomach the only real revision you can have is DS. No sleeve to sleeve revision, no bypass, just DS. A large sleeve with intestinal rerouting.  The larger the sleeve the more intestinal rerouting is needed and that is where DS complications come in.  Think stink.

Plication is like taking an aspirin for pneumonia. Oh, you are doing something for your pneumonia but is it really effective? You already took an aspirin for weight loss with your band, as did I. Now we learn that the simple and least invasive do not mean safest or effective long term.

The safest surgery long term is the VSG.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views