DrJoya.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/10 1:21 pm
Hi all, do you use drjoya.com to book your appointment? Im kind of worried about "wiring money" to someone I dont know. Is there another way to contact him or his address? Or is this the only option? Any help would be really appreciated
diamondranch1
on 11/13/10 2:47 pm - San Felipe, Mexico
Hi
I didn't use Dr. Joya, I am having my surgery with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali in Dec. I sent a cheque in trust for $500 payable to my dr. then the rest I take in a money order with me to my pre test appt and give it to them. If by chance the surgery can;t be done, I will have only paid for the hosptial tests etc which will be about $500.00
I was leary of giving the whole amount up front in case for some reason I didn't make it there.......how do you get your money back. Big investment........Hope it works out for you.
diamondranch1
on 11/13/10 2:47 pm - San Felipe, Mexico
I am also canadian
BillieF
on 11/14/10 9:57 pm - prince albert, Canada
I  had surgery with Dr Joya in apr. I sent a $1000.00 deposit and paid the rest with a money order when i arrived at the hospital. every thing went as planed . It is very well organized. He is a very skilled surgeon i would recommend Dr Joya to anyone.
nicole M.
on 11/15/10 1:19 pm - Trenton, MI
RNY on 11/03/10 with
I also had Dr. Joya, and agree with above poster. I deposited the deposit into Dr. Joya's Bank of America account.  They are legit, it's all good :)

And yes, I booked directly with his patient coordinator, Gerald.

My WLS Blog: http://wls-nicoleta.livejournal.com/

oregonmom
on 11/21/10 8:34 am
VSG on 07/06/10 with
Hi,
Like you I was very Leary of this process.  I did put down the deposit via a bank transfer with Gerald and then payed off the rest at the time of the surgery.  Gerald was great - took care of all my requests for flight plans and arranging for additional days at the hotel prior to the surgery so we could have a mini vacation.
Dr. Joya and everyone that works for him was very professional with their jobs.

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views