RNY with Dr. Aceves?

littlestspook
on 11/12/10 11:15 am
I've been looking at getting the RNY done and decided to look towards mexico and the like... and I've seen a lot of good things about Dr. Aceves and never really have seen anything bad..

I have a couple of questions though...

RNY surgery - how much did it cost you?

how did you pay for the surgery? Medical loan?

how exactly did you start with the procedure, from when you decided this was the doctor you want cutting you open to actually scheduling the surgery?

Does he require you to do anything before the surgery (Diet for x amount of months? bloodwork? etc)

How fast did things move from first contact to surgery date?

thanks and sorry for the stupid questions.

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/12/10 2:15 pm - Mexico

I went to Aceves but not for RNY.  He did my band and then a revision to a sleeve.  He's great!

I paid for my surgeries in cash.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
diamondranch1
on 11/12/10 4:12 pm - San Felipe, Mexico
HI

I'm having my sleeve surgery done with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali on Dec 6th. I have thoroughly researched this and have been dealing with his patient coordinator. Nina is awesome. Check out his site and you can email them re: prices etc. I am Canadian and very excited. I don't have coverage so I took out a loan, as my health is more important than the money. Check around for the best interest rates for the loan. Are you sure you want RNY? It is your choice but the doctor may have suggestions for you personally. Take care!
tbariatric
on 11/20/10 7:14 am
I was thinking RNY too, but people are telling me sleeve is a much better way to go.  How long from when you first contacted them until your scheduled surgery?

I am wondering if I could do it as soon as mid-January 2011 ... I don't want to rush, but have been researching for months, just recently found OH.com, and now that I've made up my mind to move forward with WLS, I'm ready to get started.

Thanks ...

Theresa
HW:255 / GW: 135 / PreOp: 238 / SurgDay: 234

diamondranch1
on 11/20/10 7:26 am - San Felipe, Mexico
Sleeve for me with Dr. Aceves and is Dec. 6th. About 6 week wait if not sooner if you want it in Dec. possibly. I will be on the losers bench soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views