ATTENTION: Dr. Almanza patients.

rere49
on 11/7/10 12:06 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 1:28 am - Mexico
On November 5, 2010 at 9:08 PM Pacific Time, jeminnv wrote:
Funny how quickly this member became deactivated!  Hmmmm.....
Which Louise could it be?   Betancourt's coordinator? 
What's the matter, too many cancellations lately?
Kharma Louise!

HA!  Interesting coincidence~

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
KimChee
on 11/6/10 10:14 am
Hi Louise,

I was a revision from band to sleeve by Dr.Almanza on 4/8/10. I was well taken care of while there Dr. Bentencourt and Dr. Almanza were very nice and seem very sincere and took good care of me.

I recovered very well and follow the post op diet. When I started on mush food I noticed that I was able to eat way more than what other sleevers were posting and was advised to wait til when I moved on to solids. I did not have restriction with solids as well so , I had a upper GI 4 months post op and found that I did not have a true sleeve( look at my photo) got 3 reputable bariatric surgeons to look at my x ray and was told that I do not have true sleeve, I still have fundus ( the strech part) and the great curvature of my stomach was left in tact which explains NO RESTRICTION.

I contacted Dr. Almanza's office Through their coordinator Louise Johnson, spoke to Dr. Bentencourt in person but the outcome was that they blamed me that I may have streched my sleeve??? and listen to this Offer to put a Lap band on AT COST??? I was so angry at the way they treated me through this ordeal more dissapointed than anything. I went through a major surgery and got a botched job and the people who are responsible didnt want to do anything do help me what so ever. As soon as they found out that something went wrong with me they were no longer friendly, try to blame everything on me and just left me to deal with it all.....

I know several people who were sleeved same day as me and are doing great. Maybe he's not that experienced as a revisionist I dont know but really reconsider this DR. That's all I can say.

For me I am going in to have a re-sleeve surgery by Dr. Aceves next week. I pray to God that this will be my last wls. I was trying to save a little $ and now I am having to spent $$ not to mention putting myself at risk once more.

I felt the need to share with you my experience with this Dr. I hope it helps with your decision.

Joyce H
Dynamic_Duover
on 11/8/10 5:05 pm - Piedmont, OK
Joyce,

Good luck on your re-sleeve surgery with Dr. Aceves.  You will really like him.  My husband & I considered Almanza for 5 minutes (but only because of the price).  We researched for a month or so and really liked what we heard about Aceves.  He did an excellent job on both my husband & I's sleeves.  After 4+ months, I've lost almost 70 pounds and my husband has lost 80 - no complications or problems.  We feel so good that it's scary.  Wish we'd had this done 10 years ago!

KimChee
on 11/13/10 1:43 am
Hi Dynamic_Duover,

Thank you for replying and your good wishes. I just returned  last night from Mexicali. I had the best experience with Dr. Aceves and all of he's team. I now have a true sleeve and on my way to getting better. WOW, what a difference it's like day and night, jalopy and Deusenberg really!!!

My biggest regret is that I did'nt chose him for my revision in the first place but, it'a all behind me now and I am super happy with my experience with Dr. Aceves thus far.

My upper GI now shows a small banana like sleeve like every successful sleever on this board who posted their x-rays. I have no new incision as Dr. Aceves took the time and cared enough and entered in the same incisions from prior surgery(he is so awsome) and I have miminal swelling even tho he was in there 3 hours fixing all the scar tissues, Fundus and His angle that Dr.Almanza left behind.

I love Dr.Aceves!!

Joyce H
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/10 12:59 am
A very poor way of trying to advertise cheap prices!  And then to be deactivated so quickly? 

Business must be so bad that Betancourt has had to now pay for advertising on this site! He can't remove postings from this site as quickly as the other........

rere49
on 11/9/10 1:14 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
you go girl!! The truth will set you free, I have been told..
rere49
on 11/9/10 1:16 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 1:37 am - Mexico
On November 7, 2010 at 7:59 AM Pacific Time, jeminnv wrote:
A very poor way of trying to advertise cheap prices!  And then to be deactivated so quickly? 

Business must be so bad that Betancourt has had to now pay for advertising on this site! He can't remove postings from this site as quickly as the other........

He doesn't have a paid puppet removing them AT ALL on this site.

(Proof available upon request of past/current actions)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
rere49
on 11/20/10 7:24 am
VSG on 05/15/08 with
sorry for the deleted message, it printed twice. How boring on my part...
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1209 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views